cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many USAA credit cards can you have?

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many USAA credit cards can you have?

@msbia wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

I have three cards with them

Amex 12K

Visa 24K

Mastercard 12K

Total exposure is $48K, if only they would cominbe the cards into one card!!!! Smiley Sad

You could close the two $12k cards, wait a billing cycle or until the CLI link shows on your account and increase the remaining card. It would go pretty high. Hard pull but so are all increases and new cards with USAA. 

I've thought about doing that before, but I guess I'm happy the way it is lol

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 11 of 18
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Interesting thread of information and it would of been more appreciated had I known maybe last week or the week before that as I threw an app towards them and I instantly received the response of:   Unfortuately, at this time....blah blah blah.....     I was shocked, I got declined for thier 1.5% cash back Preferred Visa.  Granted, I'm a measley part member and do not currently have a Visa with them. 

However, I do have 3 other cards with them lol.....2 Amex and 1 WMC and each card has a limit of 12k a piece

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 18
Appleman
Valued Contributor

fedxboy,

They can be inquiry sensitive. I have insurance, auto loan, plenty of banking products and 2 CCs. $24000 and $12500 <10% utilization). Applied for one of their AMEX cards and was denied. Too much new credit (inquiries/accounts) was the reason for denial. They did offer me a SECURED card! Scores at the time were 775+ with a solid income etc. AAoA 7 years even with the new accounts. So the 8-10 inquiries must have sent me to the back of the line.

Message 13 of 18
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

fedxboy,

They can be inquiry sensitive. I have insurance, auto loan, plenty of banking products and 2 CCs. $24000 and $12500 <10% utilization). Applied for one of their AMEX cards and was denied. Too much new credit (inquiries/accounts) was the reason for denial. They did offer me a SECURED card! Scores at the time were 775+ with a solid income etc. AAoA 7 years even with the new accounts. So the 8-10 inquiries must have sent me to the back of the line.

Oh okay, well  I'm not mad and your profile definately looks better than mine even -- higher scores and less INQ's.  It's a shame they don't combine limits or maybe even allow me to close the 2 Amex for trade on the Visa.  They have definately been good to me!!! 

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 14 of 18
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

I have 5 cards with USAA -- 4 unsecured, 1 secured. Limits between $1,000 and $5,000. Details in my signature.

Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for sure the max exposure is at least $40k, as I have a $30k and a $10k

Message 16 of 18
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

My DW has 3.
-Rewards WMC @ 14k
-Cashback Amex @ 6k
-Cash back Amex @ 6k
Both Amex have 5% gas and 2% groceries on $3000 of purchases for each category
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 17 of 18
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There is not a maximum of cards, it is actually tota creditl limit. As an individual, all of your cards can have no more than $30,000 combined. As a joint account with someone, no more than $50,000.

I have both the Preferred Cash Rewards WMC and the Rewards Plus Amex, each have a limit of 20k and they are individual accounts.

*edited for spelling*

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.