cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many got the Cash + pre-qualified offer, then denied?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: How many got the Cash + pre-qualified offer, then denied?

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a pre-approval for the Cash+ in the mail with 15.9% purchase apr. Went into the branch and a personal banker ignored the pre-approval and handled it. She got me 13.9% purchase apr after a one day wait. Starting CL was $9.5K. After thirteen months, requested a SP CLI by telephone and it was approved.

How did that process go? You just ask to talk to a personal banker, bring in proof of income, which takes a day to verify or something? It just seems easier to do it over the phone or online...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

Thank you sir. So you are thinking about adding two products total? EDIT*** (I just realized that you are trying to decide between Sallie Mae and Arrival--in addition to the Merril + and the Huntington voice (never heard of this one))*** I have just began to get interested in the citi AA card. I have a pre qualified offer for the cdp, so I am taking them up on it to start a relationship with them. I can probably just get the AA card as my first one, but for some reason I feel more confident applying for a card I have an offer for. It seems lame when I write that out and read it...lol.

Hey Swapmeet - I'm likely adding 4 (give or take).  The Merrill+ and Huntington Voice for sure, then there's the toss up between Sallie Mae or Arrival (will depend on whether there are any gaps in my categories - hardly any so I'll probably get both?  LOL). 

I currently have the Citi AAdvantage AMEX (not bad when it first started out), but if you're going to do much traveling on AA or any OneWorld partners, then there's the Citi PS AAdvantage WMC ($95 AF) or the Citi AAdvantage Executive WEMC ($495 AF), depending on whichever fits your spending patterns of course.  You can check FT to see if there's some other attrative sign-up offers since these can change from time to time.  Good luck on the CDP btw!

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-executive.jsp?anchorLocati...

Message 12 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a pre-approval for the Cash+ in the mail with 15.9% purchase apr. Went into the branch and a personal banker ignored the pre-approval and handled it. She got me 13.9% purchase apr after a one day wait. Starting CL was $9.5K. After thirteen months, requested a SP CLI by telephone and it was approved.

How did that process go? You just ask to talk to a personal banker, bring in proof of income, which takes a day to verify or something? It just seems easier to do it over the phone or online...

Actuall, you don't need to bring anything except your ID.  I suppose you can bring the pre-approval offer you received to show them your interest in the product.  Just stop by and talk to a banker and they'll submit your application.  I'm sure they may offer you some additional products if you don't currently bank with them but you can just let them know you'll consider their suggestions.

Message 13 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your help and advice Fin, and for the good luck wishes for the CDP....though I do get monthly prequalified offers for the cdp.....I did the preselector tool on the us bank website and it prequalified me for the cash + again, but that may be due to their offer still being available to me.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

Thanks for your help and advice Fin, and for the good luck wishes for the CDP....though I do get monthly prequalified offers for the cdp.....I did the preselector tool on the us bank website and it prequalified me for the cash + again, but that may be due to their offer still being available to me.

I'm thinking that may be it, although I'm not 100% sure.  IMO, I would still go the branch route for the simple reason that they cannot rescind the Cash+ offer to another product once you apply in-person (one would hate getting stuck with a lesser or non-intended product in the event it's submitted online or via phone).  US Bank is just plain quirky sometimes.

Message 15 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I'm thinking that may be it, although I'm not 100% sure.  IMO, I would still go the branch route for the simple reason that they cannot rescind the Cash+ offer to another product once you apply in-person (one would hate getting stuck with a lesser or non-intended product in the event it's submitted online or via phone).  US Bank is just plain quirky sometimes.

Is this right bro? I did not know this, and I was a little concerned, given their affinity for switching over to other cards.

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 20
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Sounds like a plan Swapmeet!  And, it looks like you're going to have a very busy/early start in 2014 - great selections indeed!  Wish you the best of luck on those products for sure.  Btw, US Bank pulled EQ for me (I'm in OH).  Like you, I'm contemplating some new products in the Fall next year, namely Merrill+, Huntington Voice, Barclay Arrival or Sallie Mae and possibly Citi Hilton Reserve.

If I may add my two cents about the Huntington Voice, if you're getting it for the 3% categories, it is a pretty good card. I have mine set on drug stores, since I usually pick up prescriptions for family while I'm at work. Also, the WMC benefits are nice, as well as the generous credit lines Huntington gives. God help you if you ever need to deal with Huntington's Fraud Department though.

Message 17 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Is this right bro? I did not know this, and I was a little concerned, given their affinity for switching over to other cards.

When I had talked to the banker (given that I had heard about numerous things US Bank has done in the past), she had assured me that it's how the product was coded/submitted from the branch (whether this is 100% accurate I'm not sure).  I also had checked with their underwriting team (after Cash+ was approved) and the U/W mentioned that there wasn't any method to override the app to anything "lower".  Basically what he had said was that if I did not qualify for the Cash+, then it would have been declined instead of being offered the Cash Rewards.

Then again, I haven't seen or heard of any anectodal evidence that suggests anyone that went to the branch got a different or lesser product.

Message 18 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I am thinking about going down to  the branch down the street and bringing my pre qual letter around Jan 10th. Credditaddict has me thinking that they don't care about my huge number of inqs on EX...lol.

My Wallet:
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experiences with the US Bank Telephone Bankers, there is inconsistencies in what they say and do. By meeting with a US Bank Personal Banker (in person) I was able to make sure things were accurate. If they didn't know they got the right answers. Cannot say that for the the folks that serve as Telephone Bankers as answers would vary and they could not deliver the product. So my trust goes with an in person contact. In fact, I tried to open a checking account on line and they couldn't do it. Went in in person and the branch staff found nothing wrong with my app and threw out the phone bank's work and resubmitted with it taking less than two minutes. Hey, not everyone has been so lucky but that is my situtation.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.