Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquiries is too many?

tag
bellrod44
Contributor

Re: How many inquiries is too many?

Yes, and yes.... Smiley Very Happy

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 11 of 19
bellrod44
Contributor

Will Freedom grow with me if I app? Are they pretty good about CLIs?

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 12 of 19
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think USB likes to decline people for the Cash+ and instead give them a regular 1% back cash card. Although, once you get the basic card. After 6 months you can request and increase. If you can get it over a $5,000 limit, then you can have it converted to a Cash+ card. It seems like US Bank greatly favors people with multiple products.So since you have a checking account and are a employee, explain that to them. Tell them you want to keep your business there, so you need a card that can compete.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 19
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am not sure about the Freedom growing, I just got mine. They gave me a pretty good limit to start.

I do know, that US Bank cards will for sure grow with you.

I started with a $300 limit and no credit just over a year ago. Now I have the Flexperks signature and 3 other cards that I am trying to convert to the Cash+.

Also, I hope you got your mortgage discounts from US Bank for being an employee and package member Smiley Happy

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 19
bellrod44
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think USB likes to decline people for the Cash+ and instead give them a regular 1% back cash card. Although, once you get the basic card. After 6 months you can request and increase. If you can get it over a $5,000 limit, then you can have it converted to a Cash+ card. It seems like US Bank greatly favors people with multiple products.So if you have a checking account and stuff with them, explain that to them. Tell them you want to keep your business there, so you need a card that can compete.

I wonder if I call in to apply if I'll actually talk to a real person. If so, they might be located in the same building I work in. Hmmmm...

Do you think I should still apply for the Chase Freedom, too? I've never been one to carry much credit, but I'd like to start expanding my wallet.

Thank you for all of your advice.

Message 15 of 19
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Here, I will give you a phone number. Please do not share how you got the number. Just explain your situation to the guy.

The office is located in coeur d'alene idaho, so if you work there it may be the same office and you may be speaking to your boss. Smiley Happy

(PM for number if you still need it.)

Message 16 of 19
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You can app for both, I would just recommend you app for the one you want most prior to apping for the other.

Message 17 of 19
bellrod44
Contributor

You're a good person. I'm safe from worrying about speaking to someone in my building. I'm located in another state.

Message 18 of 19
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Good luck with your application. Hopefully that guy can help you out. Let us know what he is able to do for you.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.