Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquries can i have and still get a cap one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many inquries can i have and still get a cap one

@hawkins wrote:
I can only tell you from my own experience. I got the Venture card with 29 inquiries showing but many others including yourself get denied for less. Capital One makes no sense in how they operate. My scores are similar to yours by the way. So to answer your question I have no idea. Best bet is if it shows up on the prequalified site then it’s probably good to go. If not I would not risk the triple pulls then.

I mean with how many pulls OP has, it would make more sense to just jump in now since at this point OP is probably at the maximum scoring penalty for inquiries. 

Message 11 of 13
accjohn1990
Contributor

Saeren, you were correct.  I got an email with the reason for denial and it stated the cause was my existing line of credit with paypal.  These reps don't know anything.  I closed my card because I have enough cards with 1% cashback already and I want the cash back MC.  It took 3 days for the card to fall off my paypal account and another 2 days to change my paypal account from business to personal (I was a small resaler using paypal for a little while until about 6 months ago).

Fortunately, today i was ok'ed to submit an app which was great timing because it is my birthday today.  I took a risk in applying because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wait since I had just applied under a temporary account I created.  But, I got lucky and was approved with an $8k credit limit and the 21.99% APR.  This card will likely be my daily user now!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@accjohn1990 wrote:

Saeren, you were correct.  I got an email with the reason for denial and it stated the cause was my existing line of credit with paypal.  These reps don't know anything.  I closed my card because I have enough cards with 1% cashback already and I want the cash back MC.  It took 3 days for the card to fall off my paypal account and another 2 days to change my paypal account from business to personal (I was a small resaler using paypal for a little while until about 6 months ago).

Fortunately, today i was ok'ed to submit an app which was great timing because it is my birthday today.  I took a risk in applying because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wait since I had just applied under a temporary account I created.  But, I got lucky and was approved with an $8k credit limit and the 21.99% APR.  This card will likely be my daily user now!

Congrats!

Same limit and APR I got in January. 

And happy birthday. Mine is tomorrow. Smiley Wink

I am not looking forward to converting my business back to personal so I haven't done it yet. I only converted it because they had the trick to get 3% cash back if you used the business debit and linked it to the PayPal Cashback. They closed that loophole less than a month after I got it. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.