cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many payments do you make a month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many payments do you make a month?

Before?  Used to be 2-3 payments a month on each credit card.

Now?  Shoot, one payment a month, period.

It brought undue stress to me (or worry might be better said) and I am at complete ease now doing 1/month.

Message 11 of 46
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Yeah keeping up with them is kind of tough sometimes but it's always how I've done it. I guess as my income/spend goes up I'll make less payments but still of course keep track.
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 payments for the cards with balances( 4 to 5 cards)....thanks!

Message 13 of 46
Gggmen
Valued Member

Im a once a month type of guy. The only time i go multiple payments is if i had a big big purchase and i dont want my util to be too high.
Message 14 of 46
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@Gggmen wrote:
Im a once a month type of guy. The only time i go multiple payments is if i had a big big purchase and i dont want my util to be too high.

This is me as well. 

Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually one week after something posts.

Depending on which card I'm using, sometimes 4 or 5 times a month. Always before statement cuts. I only allow 1 account to show a balance.

Message 16 of 46
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

As soon as the payment posts, I'll likely pay it off.

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my PCM card for recurring bills and the rest for everything else.. get paid every 2 weeks and alternate each one.. i keep a close eye on them, stick to a budget, and have a pretty good idea where Im at at all times.. a good chunk is paid before it even cuts.. but my limits on any given card is high enough to where I can easily let a full month report while still being below 10% on any given card. I do need to update my siggy.. but if my limits were lower, Id need to manage accordingly
Message 18 of 46
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I've never paid more than once a month for the 40+ years I've had credit. I still get my bills via USPS and usually pay 5-8 days before the due date. I apologize to all those lost trees, but with a paper bill, it's easier for me to keep track. 

Message 19 of 46
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I know of someone who pays daily. When you think about it, it isn't much harder than sending a text message.

I find it easier to keep track of things if most balances are paid to zero most of the time. If I'm logging in anyway to check my balance and transactions, it's only a few taps of the trackpad to make a payment.

Along with that, I'm not very pain-tolerant when it comes to 4-digit payments. 2- and 3-digit payments aren't so bad. Also, being relatively caught up with payments makes it easier to monitor the state of my checking account.

Having said that, I have a couple of balances that I've been allowing to run up a little higher than usual. In one case, I'm looking at an upcoming CLI request. I don't know if average daily balance can help me, but I may as well cover that possibility. The other case is a CapOne account. I want to give them some extra cash at the end of the statement period to cover an auto-paid bill that's going to come in under the gun. CapOne allows you to pay 10% over your current balance. I need the balance to be high enough so 10% over will cover that bill.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.