cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many payments do you make a month?

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Re: How many payments do you make a month?

I make anywhere from 5 payments a month all the way up to 60 payments a month ranging from $0.01 all the way to $450 a month on my cap one QS card. With Cap one I have no problems making LOTS OF payments. I simply pick a random amount out of the blue and pay that to my cap one. I am in a good mood, what the hell i will pay $29.99 to my cap one card. IT IS A RANDOM SYSTEM I USE. I got a raise, what the hell, $200 bucks payments. I am bored, 67 cent payment.

BUT WITH DISCOVER THEY DONT WANT MY MONEY. THEY DONT LET ME MAKE LOTS OF PAYMENTS.

Message 21 of 46
digitek
Established Contributor

I usually pay once a week.  That way it never gets out of control you know?  Never any big surprises.  I do this on Sundays usually, like a weekly errand.  Takes about 5 min for all my cards total.

Message 22 of 46
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

I make anywhere from 5 payments a month all the way up to 60 payments a month ranging from $0.01 all the way to $450 a month on my cap one QS card. With Cap one I have no problems making LOTS OF payments. I simply pick a random amount out of the blue and pay that to my cap one. I am in a good mood, what the hell i will pay $29.99 to my cap one card. IT IS A RANDOM SYSTEM I USE. I got a raise, what the hell, $200 bucks payments. I am bored, 67 cent payment.

BUT WITH DISCOVER THEY DONT WANT MY MONEY. THEY DONT LET ME MAKE LOTS OF PAYMENTS.

Sometimes 60 payments?? That's up to twice a day! Good for Cap1 to accept them!

What's the deal with Discover? Why don't they like multiple payments??

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 23 of 46
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I always pay once a month, but I'm switching to weekly payments as soon as possible, to help me budget a little better. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting my student loan and car loan, and once my Discover card generates its first statement (I think today, in fact - I'd better log on to check), I'll have a total of six payments per month across my four cards and two installment loans. Right now I'm doing the basic one-payment-per-month thing; if I can swing it, though, maybe I'll go to two payments/month on my Cap One cards (I understand Synchrony is stickier about that, though).

Message 25 of 46
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I pay in full, and often. Studies in human nature have proven that a persons resistence to spend is reduced by the fact that monies on a credit card do not immediately come out of your bank account...often leading to spending more than your income. For larger purchases, I pay as soon as I see it post. For smaller amounts, I pay when the balance gets to a couple hundred dollars, sometimes waiting for the current pending charges to post. On average I pay each card I use about 2-3 times a month. The quicker I can get it paid, the easier it is to see if I am starting to over spend as the bank balance decreases. Many people are actually in trouble with credit cards, and do not realise it because they can easily pay all their bills on time...only when they retire do they realise their debt load prevented adaquate 401k and retirement savings...which are vitally important!!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 26 of 46
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

I get paid biweekly and make my bank CC payments on my payday schedule. My store cards I pay monthly.
I don't use the store cards except for special purposes. I run my Amazon and my Walmart like a bank card.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 46
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Great thread OP!

It's always enlightening to see other peoples perspective on topics such as budgeting, credit and finance. 

Kudos to you for starting this thread. 

Message 28 of 46
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

Depends on which card it is.  If its the one connected to my turnpike transponder, once a month.  the other 2, twice a month depending on the spend on them.  One is for emergencies so dosen't see a monthly spend.  I might put something on it then pay it off in a few days every 3-4 months.  I also have paypal credit but only pay when there's something on there (I use the heck out of the 6 months grace period...within reason of course!!)

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I make multiple payments throughout the month. I track my purchases with YNAB and make payments as the balances start to accumulate.  But this only applies for cards I am using for daily spend. Any cards that have balances from 0% APR offer I pay once a month. 

All of my cards are on auto pay though so at least I can keep my scores intact in the event I get hit by a bus. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.