cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much CLI to request for BoA Cash Rewards... and what CR for Seattle?

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

How much CLI to request for BoA Cash Rewards... and what CR for Seattle?

I opened my BoA Cash Rewards card about 7 months ago.  Put a few thousand $$$ on it every month and PIF every billing period.  Initial CL was $15K.  

I'm planning to request a CLI soon, but not sure what a good request would be... $20K or are they as 'generous' as AMEX and so I should request $25K?  I think I'll request at least $20K if it'll cost a hard pull.  

Also, I live in Seattle, WA and wondering if anyone knows what bureau they pull.  I just got my Equifax up to 803 (after a 7 year old 120+ late payment finally fell off) but 'only' 747 on Transunion (not really any idea bout Experian).  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: How much CLI to request for BoA Cash Rewards... and what CR for Seattle?

Ask for higher cuz from personal experience they countered if they cant approve you for what you ask. Im pretty sure they pull TU for CLI
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

I would say ask for 25 and they will counter you with 18 or 20k.

More power if you get the full $25K Smiley Happy

I initially got a $10K with BOA, called and asked for $20K and they gave me $15. YMMV ..good luck

Message 3 of 6
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks for the advice folks.  I assume you are all referring to calling and speaking with a CSR for the CLI request?  It would be nice to avoid a HP but that seems unlikely nowadays with BoA.  Maybe I should wait a couple months for the 120+ late derog to drop off my TU report (already off my EQ a month or two earlier than expected). 

Message 4 of 6
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

All CLI's with BofA are HP's might be best to wait for those to fall off, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 6
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks for the info/advice.  I'll wait a couple months then.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.