cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much at risk am of AA from economy uncertainty going forward?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much at risk am of AA from economy uncertainty going forward?

So right now about a year into credit and you can see my signature for the cards and limits I have.

I could card less if the synchrony card is closed but I don't want that to turn into a domino effect of "closed by granter" and WF and/or TD pickup on that as a major risk. Should I close it now so it shows "Account closed by consumer" instead? It seems like right now that account is likely just to be closed tho I may be wrong. 

With that said I want to keep my REDcard and WF card without any sort of AA. I always pay them in full and have never carried a balance on them. I plan to continue to do the same as there is currently zero changes in my income. Should I start paying them off quickly and leaving the balance $0 as much as possible or continue on as normal? 

Typical credit util for me right now is 10%~20%

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: How much at risk am of AA from economy uncertainty going forward?

@Anonymous wrote:

So right now about a year into credit and you can see my signature for the cards and limits I have.

I could card less if the synchrony card is closed but I don't want that to turn into a domino effect of "closed by granter" and WF and/or TD pickup on that as a major risk. Should I close it now so it shows "Account closed by consumer" instead? It seems like right now that account is likely just to be closed tho I may be wrong. 

With that said I want to keep my REDcard and WF card without any sort of AA. I always pay them in full and have never carried a balance on them. I plan to continue to do the same as there is currently zero changes in my income. Should I start paying them off quickly and leaving the balance $0 as much as possible or continue on as normal? 

I haven't seen anything about Target/TD Bank or Wells Fargo CLD's so far regarding the current eco-climate. As long as you're using your cards and paying in full I'd be willing to be you're going to be fine. Synch seems to be going after the people with multiple Synch cards and 5 digit CL's.

Message 2 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

As mentioned above, if you've only got one Synch account, you are probably fine.

Synch is chasing folks like me with waaaaayyyyy too many accounts with them.  Smiley Indifferent

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

You should be fine.  With your young, thin file and Amazon being a new tl here's your time to shine.......showing you can handle 3 tl's, making on-time payments and not going over your credit limit(s).  These 3 tl's will build your cr and age it nicely.  Just do like you've been doing, keeping your balances low, pif or a good bit more than minimal pymt., autopay in place and being patient for the cli's to occur naturally......relax and enjoy them.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't seen anything about Target/TD Bank or Wells Fargo CLD's so far regarding the current eco-climate. As long as you're using your cards and paying in full I'd be willing to be you're going to be fine. Synch seems to be going after the people with multiple Synch cards and 5 digit CL's.

With Target, don't you have to worry about CLD. Any lower of a limit and you'd have a negative CL with the lines they hand out to folks 😂

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 10
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I don't think you have to worry, they are chasing people with like 80k in open lines, and only spend like 30 bucks a month on one of the lines. Too much exposure. 

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just be normal. 

Message 7 of 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

1. Your personal risk of closure is likely low as long as you are not displaying risky credit behavior (high/increasing balances, etc.). As you are not over exposed 

2. The comment "close by credit grantor" has ZERO impact on your score. Even though some people claim that it might "look bad" on manual review I have not heard of any one that has actually been denied for that reason. IMO it is purely cosmetic 

3. Lenders are not going to do mass AA unless your profile is displaying risky behavior. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that you have enough cards or high enough limits for them to be worried. Now, if you maxed them all out and only made bare minimums, then you might be at risk. 

But I think that they're more concerned with bigger fish when it comes to risk.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch seems to be cutting limits so that people who have high limits with them that are largely not utilized don't end up in a bad economic situation and charging tons to their cards that won't get paid back. If your profile doesn't put them at risk for that, AA is very doubtful. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.