Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I request for NFCU CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much should I request for NFCU CLI?

Hi everyone. Looking for a little advice. I joined NFCU and got an NFCU CashRewards card on 1-28-2019 with a SL of $1000. On 5-4-19, I was planning on asking for a CLI as that will be 96 days and 4 statements since I opened the account (my 4th statements cuts on 5-4-19). I just PIF yesterday, so my 5-4-19 statement will cut at $0. The prior 3 cut at around $300 each time. My current FICOs are EX 678 EQ 673 TU 702. (By the way, I was in the mid-500s six months ago... this forum totally helped me bring my score up significantly in a short period of time). I have a fair amount of baddies still on my report (nothing recent), which is probably why my SL was only $1000, but I've obviously been taking care of business now. How much of a CLI should I request so as to not seem like I'm being unreasonable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: How much should I request for NFCU CLI?

Honestly I would say shoot for the stars when it comes to Navy. If you treat their cards well, they grow like nothing else. They can always counter if they don’t like your initial request. Maybe 10k?
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 24
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I would request $25K and see what they counter with - go big! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, y’all crazy!
Message 4 of 24
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

YOLO 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have income that can support $25K, I would shoot for $25K. They will counter what they deem appropriate.

That said, most people have better luck getting a second card than a CLI.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current income is about $140K. Six months ago I couldn’t even get a “normal” credit card. Had some serious financial difficulties which resulted in me falling behind on my mortgage for like 6 months last year. Finally got caught up, and now I’m current on all my bills. Since January, I’ve gotten an NFCU CashRewards, a USAA AmEx, and a Delta Skymiles AmEx. I don’t want to be/seem greedy so I think I’ll just ask NFCU for a CLI to 10K and see what happens. That would be all the credit I need right now. I’m also gonna request a CLI on my Delta Skymiles (it’s also currently at $1000).
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your income, I would apply for a second card. Assuming your DTI is low, $15-$25K should be a lock.
Message 8 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As stated shoot for the stars as they will counter..  Assuming you has displine, etc with credit ask for 25k and they will either give it to you or counter with a lower $.  I am at max exposure with navy on CC now at 80k so I got to live through others Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CC, you still can live through meSmiley Wink. With 17.3 in exposure, someway somehow i will make 17.5 one day! Exciting times, exciting timesSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.