cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to ask for in CLI request for Capital One Quicksilver?

tag
credit2019
New Contributor

Re: How much to ask for in CLI request for Capital One Quicksilver?

I just asked Capital One to raise my $500 credit line to $3K credit line.  The online form says you can ask for whatever you want and if they decide to, they'll raise it less than that.  So you should probably swing for the fences, and they'll likely give you whatever they want to give you anyway.  In my case, I seriously doubt they will do it, or raise it at all.  The response from the online system was that I would hear back in 48 hours - does anyone know if that's typical, or does that mean an automatic denial?  Does anyone know if a human at Capital One actually looks at these things, or is just all algorithmic?

Message 11 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I've also been considering applying for Savor, since I actually want that card (do a lot of eating out), but I'm concerned about the ding from getting a new card so close to applying for a mortgage. I don't want to cancel out the benefit of better ratios b/c of the new card...

Wait until after closing on your home to apply for any new credit. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit2019 wrote:

I just asked Capital One to raise my $500 credit line to $3K credit line.  The online form says you can ask for whatever you want and if they decide to, they'll raise it less than that.  So you should probably swing for the fences, and they'll likely give you whatever they want to give you anyway.  In my case, I seriously doubt they will do it, or raise it at all.  The response from the online system was that I would hear back in 48 hours - does anyone know if that's typical, or does that mean an automatic denial?  Does anyone know if a human at Capital One actually looks at these things, or is just all algorithmic?

Almost certainly a denial unfortunately.  Automated system, reps really can't do anything with it.

Message 13 of 19
credit2019
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit2019 wrote:

Almost certainly a denial unfortunately.  Automated system, reps really can't do anything with it.

Yep, it was a denial.  Finally found it in my online docs. 

Message 14 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

What were the reason(s) given?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 19
credit2019
New Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

What were the reason(s) given?

It just said average monthly payment was too low, which is total bull because I always paid more than the minimum, and now it's paid off (and was when I applied for the increase).  Oh well, I'll just stop using the card.  It's essentially useless anyway, even when they give me the $250 increase.  A $750 credit limit isn't enough to travel on etc.  So I'll just throw it in a drawer, with its current $0 balance, and if they close it they close it.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is set up for taking iTunes charges for extended data storage and music purchases. It’s on autopay for like $10-15/month. Mine was a bucketed rebuilder and won’t go anywhere either so I just use it for that and let it sit.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I asked for the CLI in the iOS app last Wednesday around 5pm. I got the "We've received your request and you'll have a response in 2-3 business days in your online document center" message, which I've read on here pretty much guarantees a denial. I'm surprised by that, but I figured the denial message would have more information. Except... it's been three business days, and still nothing. Nothing in my app, nothing when I log in to the web portal and go to the online document center. Is this typical for them? Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be a letter in the online documents and statements area. It will include reasoning to tell you what they deemed to be a problem.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.