cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much was spent on your cc today?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

Cooneyca wrote:
$1000+ and none on Christmas gifts Smiley Sad

will PIF in two weeks Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 04:54 PM

Did you get some good gifts for yourself? A couple of years ago, if the price wasn't bad, I started buying some gifts for myself at Christmas!! LOL!!

Reason was- I would buy all these gifts for people and say to myself, "gee- I wish I were getting this"- so I started adding it into my budget!!

Another thing I started doing- this is going to sound crazy to some of you- is that I hold onto some of my Christmas gift cards until the Christmas sales start the next year!!! LOL! Not saying I do it w/ all cards- (and w/ some cards if you don't use them within a year they start charging a fee so you have to be careful) but just today I put in my purse a Walmart gift card that I got last year!!
LOL!
Message 21 of 45
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Actually, I had to buy the lighting for my house which is under construction.  The chandelier that I was trying to convince myself to buy at $654 went on sale at a different site for $297!  I wish I had thought about waiting for Black Friday to buy all my lighting.  Unfortunately, I had already purchased more than half of what I needed.  So far I've spent $2900 just in lights and ceiling fans.  Only the living room light to go!

Next window treatments

Oh yea, I bought an iRobot Roomba for 1/2 price at buy.com too.  A bit frivilous, but I have the bare bones model and love it for keeping things tidy around the litter box.  With the one I just purchased, I'll be able to schedule it to start up while I'm away at work and keep the guest rooms and upstairs hall cleaned Smiley Happy 

netpanther wrote:

Cooneyca wrote:
$1000+ and none on Christmas gifts Smiley Sad

will PIF in two weeks Smiley Tongue

Did you get some good gifts for yourself? A couple of years ago, if the price wasn't bad, I started buying some gifts for myself at Christmas!! LOL!!

Reason was- I would buy all these gifts for people and say to myself, "gee- I wish I were getting this"- so I started adding it into my budget!!

Another thing I started doing- this is going to sound crazy to some of you- is that I hold onto some of my Christmas gift cards until the Christmas sales start the next year!!! LOL! Not saying I do it w/ all cards- (and w/ some cards if you don't use them within a year they start charging a fee so you have to be careful) but just today I put in my purse a Walmart gift card that I got last year!!
LOL!

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:28 PM

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:29 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 22 of 45
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Cooneyca wrote: Oh yea, I bought an iRobot Roomba for 1/2 price at buy.com too. A bit frivilous, but I have the bare bones model and love it for keeping things tidy around the litter box. With the one I just purchased, I'll be able to schedule it to start up while I'm away at work and keep the guest rooms and upstairs hall cleaned Smiley Happy
How does your cat handle this??? I would think that there was some potential for a cat frightened by a Roomba to create a much bigger mess, if you follow me! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 45
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

ah.. yea I think I follow you Smiley Indifferent

Actually, although they (three of the darlings) won't get too close, they're mostly entertained.  Once in a while, one will decide to follow it around, but when it turns around and starts heading his way, it's back to the doorway to watch from behind the virtual wall. 

It just isn't very threatening - it's definitely not quiet, but sort of just putters along non-menacingly.  Now the upright vacuum, that is what scares them.  They go running when they see me roll it out of the closet!

haulingthescoreup wrote:

How does your cat handle this??? I would think that there was some potential for a cat frightened by a Roomba to create a much bigger mess, if you follow me! Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:55 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cooneyca wrote:
ah.. yea I think I follow you Smiley Indifferent

Actually, although they (three of the darlings) won't get too close, they're mostly entertained.  Once in a while, one will decide to follow it around, but when it turns around and starts heading his way, it's back to the doorway to watch from behind the virtual wall. 

It just isn't very threatening - it's definitely not quiet, but sort of just putters along non-menacingly.  Now the upright vacuum, that is what scares them.  They go running when they see me roll it out of the closet!

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:55 PM

Hey Cooney- does that Roomba really work? You said you already had one so I am thinking you must like it if you are buying another...

does it really vacuum like a real cleaner? I have a dog and two cats and they shed horribly- but if you tell me that they really work this might be something I want to check into...
What about kitchen floors...how does it navigate between the chairs and around an island etc...
Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used to have the older model at the office.... I really want one....lol!!!
Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

So they do work well?

Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:

Brammy wrote:

So they do work well?

This one was kinda beat up and a hand me down, but did a good job on the carpet, especially being a dark coloered carpet with all the bits and pieces of printout paper that seemed to be scattered all over the place at th end of the day.  Still had to break out the big boy occasonally but I am sure the newere models work lots better.

Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to spend any money on gifts--it is a bit shocking to me too. I think it is a good thing too, as one of the other posters mentioned I spend too much on myself also. 
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my kid got me.  I swore I would stay out of the stores since I already have purchased all I planned to purchased.  'Please mom can;t we just go LOOK at BB?'  Okay so I am a sucker and he knows it....lol!!! Never one to pass on a good comp deal.  For Xmas, my kid will have a laptop that is faster than mine!!!  LOL!!  I still have the bigger screen!  But for a dual core AMD 64 with 1.9 MHZ on each processor, I just couldn't pass on it.
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.