cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often and how soon can we get CLI on Nordstrom Visa?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How often and how soon can we get CLI on Nordstrom Visa?

I got my visa card today from Nordstrom that is converted from a store card. I have $2K Cl on it now. How often and/or  how soon can we get CLI on Nordstrom Visa?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: How often and how soon can we get CLI on Nordstrom Visa?

Call in at 7 months.  They like to see usage of the card and a history of payments.  Pretty easy to get to 15k, they don't seem too interested in going higher than that.  Above 15k you are pretty much guarenteed a hard pull and may be asked for documents, etc.  In a nutshell, my impression is that they are easy up to 15k, then resistant to go above that.  My info is only based on me and a few friends. YMMV.
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:
Call in at 7 months.  They like to see usage of the card and a history of payments.  Pretty easy to get to 15k, they don't seem too interested in going higher than that.  Above 15k you are pretty much guarenteed a hard pull and may be asked for documents, etc.  In a nutshell, my impression is that they are easy up to 15k, then resistant to go above that.  My info is only based on me and a few friends. YMMV.

Thanks for the input. I do not carry balance and I always do PIF. If they give me atleast $5k - $10K I am happy.  I do have 2 other cards from Citi with $15K and $18K CL. I can use them if I need a card with higher CL. I am not very happy with BOA card. I have $1300 CL and they charged me $29 AF. I am not sure if I should keep the BOA card or cancel it.  Low limit and AF does not make me happy.
Message 3 of 7
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Hi Concord ; with 2008 fast coming to a close how are your goals with fico coming. I hope you will have good news for us and yourself.

NMN

Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:
Pretty easy to get to 15k, they don't seem too interested in going higher than that.  Above 15k you are pretty much guarenteed a hard pull and may be asked for documents, etc.  In a nutshell, my impression is that they are easy up to 15k, then resistant to go above that.  My info is only based on me and a few friends. YMMV.

That was then.  It may have changed now!

I don't plan on asking for an CLI until the economy recovers!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
manyquestions
Established Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:

That was then.  It may have changed now!

Yes, I hear that,  the next year might be quite a bit different than the last two.  Think of how easy it was a year ago to get an Amex and then ask for a CLI to $20,000.  Now, not so much. LOL.

Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@notmyname wrote:

Hi Concord ; with 2008 fast coming to a close how are your goals with fico coming. I hope you will have good news for us and yourself.

NMN

Thank you very much for asking me. I think I had a pretty good year and accomplished every thing what I wanted to get. Good Mix of Cards / Good Car Loans. I have minimized my debt and balances to PIF. Considering the current economic conditions, I think I have done pretty good. Thanks to all members on this board who helped me and guided me in the right direction. I have to work on getting rid of few baddies on my CR other than that It is just a matter of gardening and nurturing the credit and let it grow. I remember the days when I started building my credit last year around this time, all the rumbling and grumbling I did. Now I feel lot more mature and lot more in control of my finances and future. I think I would have many more success stories for 2009.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.