Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do they update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do they update?

How often do credit cards update their balances with the creit bureaus? I am waiting for Target to update my balance. It has been over a month. I also just paid another $88 on my card, will they update with that balance or the balance on my statement?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How often do they update?

Most (but not all) CCCs report the statement balance at about the time they cut the statement.  It then takes between a day (EX) and a few months (TU) to get that fact on the CRs.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

4kids4me wrote:
How often do credit cards update their balances with the creit bureaus? I am waiting for Target to update my balance. It has been over a month. I also just paid another $88 on my card, will they update with that balance or the balance on my statement?

Most (almost all) report monthly.  Target will report with the statement balance whenever a new statement cuts.  You should see the updated information a few days after they report.

The effect of your $88 payment will not show at the CRAs until it is reflected on a statement.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

likely the odds are most once a month however no telling when CC updatede hopefully within 30 days ..but you never know
Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

All of my CCCs are very consistent (no cap1 cards  Smiley Very Happy).  And EX and EQ post the info fairly quickly once they get it.  TU has always been slow for me, and nowadays it is funereal  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
All of my CCCs are very consistent (no cap1 cards  Smiley Very Happy).  And EX and EQ post the info fairly quickly once they get it.  TU has always been slow for me, and nowadays it is funereal  Smiley Sad

Yeah this is a YMMV thing.  For me it's always EX after a couple of days, TU after about a week, and finally EQ whenever they get around to it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.