cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Walmart report to CRAs???

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How often does Walmart report to CRAs???

They initially reported the card 3 days after approval, then reported on 11/20 (statement closing date), havent seen an update since.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

So, I called Walmart's escalated help desk 877.294.7541, and this is what she told me: Walmart updates nightly to the CRAs, and one of the things that they report is the balance.

It probably takes a couple of days for their system to update the balance (like from a purchase or payment), and then they report to CRAs, and then it takes the CRAs a couple of days for their system to update. That would explain the delay of about a week or so from the time I ret'd the mdse to the time the CRA reported the balance change. Very odd. Has anyone ever heard of a CC doing this?

She said it was *Walmart* policy, so would not apply to all GECRB CCs.

Also, I asked if CLIs were a HP and she said *yes*!!! Even when done online. I *seriously* wonder about this, because I was under the impression that with GECRB CCs, you could do the online luv button every 4 mos for a CLI w/o HP. I've done it 2x on Old Navy and no HP.

Has anyone gotten Walmart CLIs with or w/o a HP???

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

So, I called Walmart's escalated help desk 877.294.7541, and this is what she told me: Walmart updates nightly to the CRAs, and one of the things that they report is the balance.

It probably takes a couple of days for their system to update the balance (like from a purchase or payment), and then they report to CRAs, and then it takes the CRAs a couple of days for their system to update. That would explain the delay of about a week or so from the time I ret'd the mdse to the time the CRA reported the balance change. Very odd. Has anyone ever heard of a CC doing this?

She said it was *Walmart* policy, so would not apply to all GECRB CCs.

Also, I asked if CLIs were a HP and she said *yes*!!! Even when done online. I *seriously* wonder about this, because I was under the impression that with GECRB CCs, you could do the online luv button every 4 mos for a CLI w/o HP. I've done it 2x on Old Navy and no HP.

Has anyone gotten Walmart CLIs with or w/o a HP???

I dont think this is accurate info from the CSR.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Neither thing sounded right to me, either. But she said she was reading from the Walmart CC policy and it was the "escalated help desk" number on the sticky.

I don't know what to think! Smiley Surprised

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 18
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

I just got a cli from Walmart 1 or 2 wks ago....no new inquiries.  I read everywhere on here that it's a soft or I wouldn't have done it right now myself.

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 15 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow and see what they tell me. I'm completely confused at this point and *really* wish I hadn't gotten the stupid CC. My only solace is that I'll have the monthly FICO.

Message 16 of 18
zoner
New Visitor

I have the walmart card as well, they also report 0 bal on open. I thought this was normal, never really noticed. I thought it was intresting that you complian about reporting every week. Please tell me who does that I would take a card out right away. The reasson it would be great for your payment history. The reasson, if knwe this was the case you could simply send them $5 each week (on the weeks your statements not due) and you get credit for making an ontime payment. Think about it thats 52 -12 = 40 extra payment credits to your score every year. I would love to take advantage of that.

Zoner

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@zoner

Welcome to the forum

This thread is over two years old. I'm sure the OPs question has been addressed by now.
To address your comments, having a cc report weekly does not lengthen your payment history. It only updates the balances/credits. The payment history for a card with weekly 'reporting' will not end up with 52 payments because the CRA s grids are monthly.

It can and will wreak havoc if you are concerned about util.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.