@Anonymous wrote:

I never get any pre approvals from them at all.  Must not like me

Message 11 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How reliable is Citi Pre-Qual

@Anonymous wrote:

It's probably that they just don't know you; I haven't received anything from Citi at all, and I would note virtually all of my non-bottom feeding pre-approvals have been from financial institutions I already do business with: Chase, Amex, BOFA.

Actually I'm going to go find the Citi pre-qual site now, toss in my info and see what I get to test whether I start getting offers from them eventually.  Why not Smiley Happy

ETA: Nada, maybe they don't like me yet (or at all possibly)

        
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's probably that they just don't know you; I haven't received anything from Citi at all, and I would note virtually all of my non-bottom feeding pre-approvals have been from financial institutions I already do business with: Chase, Amex, BOFA.

Actually I'm going to go find the Citi pre-qual site now, toss in my info and see what I get to test whether I start getting offers from them eventually.  Why not Smiley Happy

I figured after I hit the prequalification a couple times they would start with the offers but nothing.  I've probably checked 20 times in the last six months.  In reality, it's no different with Amex and BoA as well.   Only ones that I show up on are Chase and Cap One.

Message 13 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would go for the double cash. 

why? all i care about is the apr

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured after I hit the prequalification a couple times they would start with the offers but nothing.  I've probably checked 20 times in the last six months.  In reality, it's no different with Amex and BoA as well.   Only ones that I show up on are Chase and Cap One.

Same....Except I don't even get the last two.

Everything I have EXCEPT my Overstock CC has been a cold app.

Message 15 of 23
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do any of these banks soft you consistently? Because I have all these banks softing me (even if I haven't had an account with them) which causes them to prequalify me. And I'm not sure what caused them to starting softing either. Weird. 

Message 16 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If all you care about is APR, I would say to favor the Diamond Preferred over the Double Cash. The DC has been giving almost everyone a higher APR than expected from what I hear (including what I got until I cancelled it because it was too high) which isn't surprising because I'm sure the profit margin is tight on that card.

Diamond Preferred is more likely to give you a lower APR since there aren't cash back rewards with it.

Message 17 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks kd!

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do any of these banks soft you consistently? Because I have all these banks softing me (even if I haven't had an account with them) which causes them to prequalify me. And I'm not sure what caused them to starting softing either. Weird. 

Other than AMEX, No. But even THEY had no pre-qual offers for me.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Himo wrote:
I received Diamond Preferred offer , but applied for Double Cash and was approved

Citi never pre approved me for anything but I got approved for 3 different products.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.