Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How selective - Chase Freedom

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: How selective - Chase Freedom

app'd last month and was denied with 2 CC's reporting maxed.  Waited for those to update finally got uti way down called for recon, 15 min later after a few painless Questions approved.  Seems they will work with you if no baddies and low uti, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 11 of 31
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

How about lates but no other real baddies? My scores are getting in better than average range but still have a couple accounts with lates. UTIL is under 9%

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 31
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I am glad i saw this. I just recently got approved for Amex Charge Cards and now i need a Credit Card to complete my portfolio for now. I have been looking at Chase Freedom vs Discover. I see with Chase the Recon is the way to go. 

Funny part is i have one 500 CC and guess who it is with? CHASE!! (old platinum with WAMU then they took over)

And i have 29 percent utilization but i just PIF with guess who?? CHASE

Hope that looks good to them. 

Does recon need to happen the majority of the time? and are you guys applying online? will applying over the phone make this process easier?

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 13 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Even with my Travelocity Amex having a balance of $5.5k/$6.5k, on Recon, Chase Freedom appRoved me on recon, but my overall util., was more like 15% or less. I just explained to Chase that I took adv. of 0% w the Amex.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@altayar wrote:

I'd say the approvals don't depend on the scores anymore .. they're more about the current and past use of credit .

This is true for Chase. They look more at how you are handling your other accounts instead of basing it off of just a score. I personally think scores should be done away with and every company just look at the report.

Message 15 of 31
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

This is true for Chase. They look more at how you are handling your other accounts instead of basing it off of just a score. I personally think scores should be done away with and every company just look at the report.

I disagree, even with my bad scores.  The reason for scores is to treat everyone fairly and base decision off independent factors.  While I love companies that allow for recons, the survivability of financial institutions depend on them, in part, to be able to evaluate risks.  Scores are necessary but shouldn't be only factor.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@altayar wrote:

I'd say the approvals don't depend on the scores anymore .. they're more about the current and past use of credit .

I agree with doing away with scores. It especially hurts those trying to build credit coming out of college (which IMO, is a little late to start to begin with) because those with student loans are stuck with high utilization values which kills your scores. If you can prove that you have no issues paying down your student loans, they should consider that and not a score and allow responsible people to start building their credit portfolio so they can prepare for possibly buying a home in the future.

Message 17 of 31
Wahoo
Valued Member

After you burned them did you settle the account or pay it off?  I am trying to figure out if they treat people with old CO's differently depending on whether the account was paid later or never touched.  Thanks.

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 18 of 31
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

How hard is a recon with them if you have a  reporting bk?

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 19 of 31
ntx
Regular Contributor

I was approved for $1K Freedom card on recon on 8/13.

BK in 2005, perfect record since  (but a very thin file)

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.