cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How solid is All ready approved in credit journey by Chase?

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

How solid is All ready approved in credit journey by Chase?

I do not have any accounts with Chase but have Credit journey account with chase to see experian advantage score and credit report for free. When I log on to Chase Credit Journey, I see that I am all ready approved for all of ther cards. I have not applied for any of chase cards because I burt them for about 80K or more about 22 years with all went to charge off. The question is how solid is all ready approved is it stronger then your pre approved. I do like credit journey because it gives info on my experian report for free. Will not apply for any new cards until next year want to get to 0 inquires on all reports, question is will Chase denie and turn me down when they run the application and see that I burt them in the past or grant  small credit line. What do others think thank you.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: How solid is All ready approved in credit journey by Chase?

@firefox100, I've read various reports which suggest the Pre/Already Approved declarations in Credit Journey are pretty accurate.  Funny thing though, Credit Journey indicated I couldn't apply for any of their cards due to my Chapter 13 from 8 years ago, and yet they recently approved me anyway.

One thing to keep in mind regarding the Experian credit score provided by Credit Journey is the score is Vantage 3.0, not FICO.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Yes I know that the score is not Fico but advantage model 3. In years past all ready approved legally ment that they must approve for some amount, the question is chase will see in ther own records that they where burnt in the past will they stil approve for some amount don't want burn 2 hard inquires for nothing.

Message 3 of 18
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

I don't believe there is any such a thing as a "legal" requirement to approve, regardless of what is stated on a web site.  Like I wrote above, I burned Chase for a tidy sum 8 years ago and got approved last month; the approval only came with a single Hard Pull.

Message 4 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Did you do Bk or just not pay chase and did your account go to charge off.

Message 5 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Sorry I just look at your post you filed chapter 13, in my case I just never paid them and it went to charge off, would that make difference, if you don't mind saying how much burnt Chase in my case it was over 80K.

Message 6 of 18
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Sorry I just look at your post you filed chapter 13, in my case I just never paid them and it went to charge off, would that make difference, if you don't mind saying how much burnt Chase in my case it was over 80K.

I don't remember how much they got burned for; the CC in question had been created in my name by my (now former) business partner; I never even knew the card existed until the bill collectors started calling.  Apparently he'd had the card for over 20 years and then ran it up to something in the 5-figure range, but like I said, I don't remember the approximate amount.

Message 7 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Thank you, was this card a business account or a regular personal account.

Message 8 of 18
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you, was this card a business account or a regular personal account.

It was a personal account; one of five he had in my name.

Message 9 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@firefox100  Chase maintains their internal records forever, but they also eventually remove former customers from internal black list.

The only way for you to figure this out is to apply when you are ready.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.