Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How solid is Ollo pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How solid is Ollo pre-approval?

Received 2 offers for the Ollo platinum MasterCard this week. Offer says minimum $300 credit limit. Says 0% APR for first 9 months, then 19.99%. No annual fee. I researched this company a little bit and it looks like they were started by former capital one execs, I started getting the offers within days after I got a CLI with capital one...coincidence? But anyway it's a pre-approval NOT a pre-qualification letter. Is this solid? I sure don't want to waste a hard pull on this. I'd basically use it for 7 months and then pay it off in the last 2 months of the 0% APR then use it sparingly.
16 REPLIES 16
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: How solid is Ollo pre-approval?

The pre-approvals are usually pretty solid but I have heard of a few people getting turned down with one. There’s a good chance that if you hold out on them they will sweeten the deal in a few months and offer you the Rewards version. Not sure about any 0% offers with that.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice thanks. So I have a good shot then?
Message 3 of 17
Hex
Valued Contributor

I think so. So long as you haven’t opened a bunch of new accounts or racked up a bunch of inquires in the last couple of months. How is your utilization?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

my utilization is about 56% right now

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are right where Ollo likes their customers. Their offers are derived from prescreen data provided by Experian and are usually solid unless a large change in profile has happened since the offer was generated. 

Ollo likes customers who carry a balance — utilization is not a large factor for them. 

They target customers who are still considered subprime but most likely won’t be subprime for much longer. I got my Ollo card in 11/2017 and got my first post-BK prime cards in 3/2018 when I was approved for Discover, SSFCU, and AMEX. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the info!

No problem!

I can see that you are just like I was right now - two cards from Capital One and nothing else (mine were QS and PlayStation). When I added the Ollo card, that third card is what ultimately pushed my scores up to 660-680 and helped me score those three approvals. Adding a third card is optimal for FICO scoring and Ollo is certainly not a bad third card. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll definitely consider applying!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll definitely consider applying!

Keep us posted! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.