cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon does a Jcp joint user report on CR?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon does a Jcp joint user report on CR?

@mnegron1969 wrote:
I believe it is a joint user since AU it probably wouldn't show up since we aren't related. It was an opened acct & active she uses it. It's her favorite store.

That is certainly what it seems to be if they had her sign something and did a hard pull on you.

Make certain that you understand that you are now responsible for everything she charges on this card...just as she will be responsible for your charging. Just keep a very close eye on things. Does she pay her balance every month, or does she revolve a balance? Even if she pays each month, I hope you don't get harmed by the utilization that shows on her statement.

If this is a joint user situation, you may have gained a bit of age, but this one could bite you in the end. Be very careful and don't let things go downhill.

Message 11 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:
Her account was open but inactive .

Thanks Woolfman. My husband has a card from about that timeframe, but it was closed long ago. I was wondering whether it could be brought back to life. I doubt it. I think they'd just tell us to app again, which would defeat the purpose.
Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mnegron1969 wrote:
I believe it is a joint user since AU it probably wouldn't show up since we aren't related. It was an opened acct & active she uses it. It's her favorite store. She's the type that pays her bill in full each month so I trust her 100%.

I agree with LynetteM's comments. I hope that both of you realize that if either of you get in financial trouble and can't keep the card paid off, any lates, charge-offs, collections, etc will go on both of your reports, and that you can't pull back off the card. The card would have to be closed if the two of you no longer wished to share it.

I hope for your sake that you went AU on the card instead of joint, but it does sound like you've been added on as a joint owner. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I won't get a card. My friend has helped me immensely. She co-signed on a loan for me and my score took a jump. She's married, we work together. She makes good money & she is married he makes great income. She has great credit. I just want the account's history. I don't know when it'll hit my reports. Orchard I'm hoping hits now in March.
Message Edited by mnegron1969 on 02-28-2010 10:31 AM
Message 14 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:
I won't get a card. My friend has helped me immensely. She co-signed on a loan for me and my score took a jump. She's married, we work together. She makes good money & she is married he makes great income. She has great credit. I just want the account's history. I don't know when it'll hit my reports. Orchard I'm hoping hits now in March.

It is great that your friend is helping you...and, if you don't have a card, she won't be responsible for your spending (because you can't). But you have now become responsible for her spending on this card.

Because she has great credit, hopefully this will work out the way you hope. I understand your desire for the card's history.

Message 15 of 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Just thought i would update to say that this AU is now reporting on TU as of this morning also
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Just wanted to jump in and add that in my exp with JCP and AU - my boyfriend is an AU on my account but the last time they reported the CL to the CRA, or updated at all for that matter, the limit on the card was $800.  It is now well over $3,000.  Just wanted to throw that in that if your objective is at some point to show overall credit available, you may need to just request to them to make sure they update the CL.  It doesn't matter to us for that purpose. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.