Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to PC CapOne Credit Steps

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

How to PC CapOne Credit Steps

My DW has a CapOne Platinum MC that she got back in July. She just got the limit increased to 1500 from 500. When and how should she try to PC to Quicksilver. Is their a best method? Is it too soon? Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to PC CapOne Credit Steps

I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. If this could be moved to "credit cards" it would be much appreciated.
Message 2 of 10
Josh2942
Established Contributor

She can PC it to quicksilver anytime now. If she has less than execelent credit she wont get the signature but maybe the platinum

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cottoncrown wrote:
I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. If this could be moved to "credit cards" it would be much appreciated.

Lol Having it moved for you cottoncrown Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to CCs

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 10
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all, I'll let her know she can call on now!
Message 6 of 10
Stralem
Established Contributor

She doesn't even have to call. She can do it through online chat once she logs into her account.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 10
lanakane
New Contributor

Bumping an old thread, I hope that's ok... I'm new here and have been reading lots.

I have the Cap One Platinum unsecured, opened in July 2013.  I've got great payment history and received a CLI from $300 to $500 a couple of months back.  If I wanted to PC (what does that actually stand for?) to Quicksilver is that do-able at this stage?  I have good income, and EQ FICO around 650 but some lates on my BoA secured card from 2011 which the bank then closed.  That caused Barclay's to refuse my app and recon even though my scores are well within their ranges, I have a low # of inquiries, and good income as mentioned.  So now I'm afraid to ask anyone else for anything else Smiley Happy

Right now I have Cap One Platinum ($500), and 3 Comenity store cards: Ann Taylor ($500), VS ($350), and JCrew ($300).

Thanks for any recommendations!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you log in to your account and check for product features or something is the link online or do a chat to ask to be PC to quicksilver... if it's not an option online or through chat you will have to contact the Executive office to get them to do it.

Message 9 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

you log in to your account and check for product features or something is the link online or do a chat to ask to be PC to quicksilver... if it's not an option online or through chat you will have to contact the Executive office to get them to do it.

+1

@lanakane, PC = product change

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.