Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get AU account off report?

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

How to get AU account off report?

Is this possible? When I had myself removed from the account I thought it would be removed from my credit report. It had already report a 30 day late. I lost 19 points. But this month I lost 73. Don't understand why. But on my report the only 3 reasons given is 1. Account showing missed payments 2. You recently missed a payment (isn't that the same) 3. Lack of recent installment loans

I'm hoping if I can get that account off my report it will help.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get AU account off report?

@MoreRewards wrote:
Is this possible? When I had myself removed from the account I thought it would be removed from my credit report. It had already report a 30 day late. I lost 19 points. But this month I lost 73. Don't understand why. But on my report the only 3 reasons given is 1. Account showing missed payments 2. You recently missed a payment (isn't that the same) 3. Lack of recent installment loans

I'm hoping if I can get that account off my report it will help.

I believe you need to file a dispute with the CRA(s).  They'll verify with the creditor whether you still are an AU and then remove it.

Message 2 of 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

That's what I will try. Hopefully doesn't take too long. On my report it says "relationship terminated" where it used to say "authorized user"
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 8
IWOL
Established Contributor

Ive tried to get an AMEX AU off my reports. It wasnt causing any problem but was actaully reducing my AAoA. I was able to get TU to completetly remove the account but EQ and EX wouldnt remove it, they just changed it to "relationship terminated" and it now shows in my closed accounts.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreRewards wrote:
That's what I will try. Hopefully doesn't take too long. On my report it says "relationship terminated" where it used to say "authorized user"

Yeah, the dispute route is what's needed now.  Tell them you want the account removed as you are no longer on the account at all.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Thanks for responses. How do I dispute. Go to TU website? I've heard people doing it online.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I did it online with TU & it only took 2 days for them to remove it!! Thanks for the advice. I don't know if this will help my score increase but I'm very pleased.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreRewards wrote:
I did it online with TU & it only took 2 days for them to remove it!! Thanks for the advice. I don't know if this will help my score increase but I'm very pleased.

Glad you got it worked out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.