Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get AU card to report to CRA?

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

How to get AU card to report to CRA?

Is there a trick to this?  I was AU on my mom's Exxon card a few years ago and they never reported.  I even had her call and ask thinking they just needed my ss# and they said they were reporting but they aren't on any of the 3 CR.  So that account is closed and now I'm AU on her FNBO Visa and same thing it's not reporting.  Is there anything I can do?  We have different addresses but she and my dad own the house I'm renting so they do get mail in their name at this address so it's probably on their credit report too. 

She's had this account for a few years, it has a high limit $10k, perfect payment history, and pretty low utilization so I think it would help my score out.  Any ideas?

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HiLine
Blogger

Re: How to get AU card to report to CRA?

Why don't you check your credit report and hers to make sure they show the same physical address?

Message 2 of 3
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to get AU card to report to CRA?

I think its a YMMV type thing.  I added my partner (same address) to 2 of my cards (Discover and Cap1) and have contacted both about it but neither are showing up on his credit reports.  I got them both to send me letters indicating he was an AU on both accounts and that they were reporting to the CRA's.  I used this to submit a dispute with the CRA's and still nothing.  It's all if the CRA's want to report it or not.

The really crazy thing is, when he signs on to Credit Sesame (who pulls EX), the accounts show up.  But they are not on his EX reports.  Explain that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.