Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get in with CitiBank

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How to get in with CitiBank

@Vegas247 wrote:

What would be a good indicator if I were to be approved. What would be a good indicator if I were to be denied?

Please be courteous to OP and refrain from hijacking the thread.

Feel free to start your own thread so that posters can give you the best advice.

Thank you!

Message 21 of 26
newUser0
Established Contributor

Lexie is best ModSmiley Tongue

Message 22 of 26
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

What would be a good indicator if I were to be approved. What would be a good indicator if I were to be denied?

Feel free to start your own thread so that posters can give you the best advice.

Thank you!

How is it  "hijacking the thread" if the OP can benefit from my question, if we are basically asking the same questions and sharing the same concerns? The OP might even appreciate some of my questions in order to help out his or her situation. I have sat back and read threads where the OP has questions and concerns, and another member chimes in and has questions as well, and the OP can make a better, more educated decision from new questions brought up by others. 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 23 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Vegas247 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

Thank you!

How is it  "hijacking the thread" if the OP can benefit from my question, if we are basically asking the same questions and sharing the same concerns? The OP might even appreciate some of my questions in order to help out his or her situation. I have sat back and read threads where the OP has questions and concerns, and another member chimes in and has questions as well, and the OP can make a better, more educated decision from new questions brought up by others. 

Your posts were specific to 'how you can be approved'. To avoid confusion and  so that others can provide the best responses by following a flow of information that is geared to the specific query.  

You are free to start your own thread and of course, provide relative responses to all posts. 

Message 24 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:
I have a bestbuy card with 3k limit with a financing offer. I could pay it on full now but I rather build some payment history if it will get citibank to open their arms to me. If there isn't a benefit I'll just pay it in full. But if I do it will be sock drawed because I don't need anything else from best buy lol. I really want the thank you card so.

like others have said, try the pre-approval tool.

Judging by the cards you have currently, I don't think you will have any issues getting approved for most Citi credit cards as long as you keep your utilization low, and that you didn't go on a spree recently.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 26
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:
I have a bestbuy card with 3k limit with a financing offer. I could pay it on full now but I rather build some payment history if it will get citibank to open their arms to me. If there isn't a benefit I'll just pay it in full. But if I do it will be sock drawed because I don't need anything else from best buy lol. I really want the thank you card so.

like others have said, try the pre-approval tool.

Judging by the cards you have currently, I don't think you will have any issues getting approved for most Citi credit cards as long as you keep your utilization low, and that you didn't go on a spree recently.

Yes Op, try the pre approval tool, others on this thread, if you haven't seen it or somehow missed it, they say it's a SP....they say it's a good indicator for approval. 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.