Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my reference number for capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get my reference number for capital one

I got approved earlier yesterday night and i forgot to write down the reference number to for the card thats coming in mail. How do i get that number now. Also how you get to the online live chat with rep since i dont have card yet
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: How to get my reference number for capital one

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

Congrats on your recent Capital One approval!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm not sure how you would get that tracking number, but if you don't mind my asking is there a particular reason you need it? 

With Capital One you can't request an immediate CLI (well, you technically can request it, but they generally require two or three statements before they will grant it). 

If you have any other immediate needs, a Capital One CSR should be able to locate your account by cross-referencing your social security number if you give them a call (at least until you get the physical card in-hand).

Again, welcome and congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum, Neshanti555! I'm not sure how you would get your reference number. I just got approved for my second Cap1 card, and tried calling the regular CS number that I found in my account, and the CSR said they didn't have access to see my APR (which is the info I forgot to note). They said I would have to call "approvals." I didn't go any further. I was approved on the 22nd, so I'm hoping I get the card this week. Good luck, and congratulaions on getting in with Cap1. Smiley Happy Which card did you get, and what is your SL?

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The platinum one. My starting line is $300. A rep just told me that i will or should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Just gotta wait til it do. Let me know if you receive yours so i will have hope in getting mines. Thx for the response
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The platinum one. My starting line is $300. A rep just told me that i will or should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Just gotta wait til it do. Let me know if you receive yours so i will have hope in getting mines. Thx for the response

Nice! Smiley Happy The platinum was my first one too, then I product changed it to the Quicksilver with rewards and no AF. It's easy to do if you want to go that route. I just got an email a little while ago that they shipped my card today. It might get here by this weekend, I hope. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Im still waiting on my email
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set the acct up online and see the card number. I could access the card number way before receiving the card through the Cap One Wallet app
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that. It only shows my last 4 numbers on card.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can set the acct up online and see the card number. I could access the card number way before receiving the card through the Cap One Wallet app

What is supposed to happen when you get approved for a second Cap1 card? When I log in, I only see my existing card. Even when I click on activate card, it just says all my cards are already activated.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant see my card 16 digits. Only the last 4
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.