Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get "in" to PSECU...

tag
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

How to get "in" to PSECU...

Not sure where to post this, so I'm sure you guys will move me around if necessary!

I know PSECU offers a "list" of affiliates on their site; however, I'm wondering if anyone is aware of associations in PA where membership qualifies you for membership to PSECU?  I noticed the PSPCA is listed, but no information is available on their site (I sent an email, no resonse yet), and the PA Park system is listed, but no info ono their site and email addys are invalid.

Looking for legitimate entry points through association memberships, etc....

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get "in" to PSECU...

Just a warning, they are a pain the you know what to get in if you try to get in through a "loophole". On top of that it will cost you a hard regardless of approval.

Message 2 of 7
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

bump

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

fyi - my  membership was not a hard pull for me. I forgot that i was still frozen on EX - it was a soft for membership - they did have me send in two forms of id with my address however.

op - i couldn't find any associations to join psecu (like Nasa FCU) so I got my employer to offer to our employees - we are part of the special employee group...good luck...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

fyi - my  membership was not a hard pull for me. I forgot that i was still frozen on EX - it was a soft for membership - they did have me send in two forms of id with my address however.

op - i couldn't find any associations to join psecu (like Nasa FCU) so I got my employer to offer to our employees - we are part of the special employee group...good luck...

PSECU typically pulls EX for membership.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

scorebuilding - they did pull EX but it wasn't a hard pull for me...is this typical?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

scorebuilding - they did pull EX but it wasn't a hard pull for me...is this typical?

Good fortune daisyduke, and you deserve it for getting your company to pay attn. and join Smiley Happy FWIU they typically pull hard for membership but will also approve checking with the general membership app (if qualified) so it can be a 2fer (for deposit accts) at least.  

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.