cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get your apr on Amex card lowered?

tag
Petit3tee
Contributor

How to get your apr on Amex card lowered?

Hi all,
Long story short, I was approved for Amex blue cash every day when my score was on that border line of fair/good. Starting limit and APR at the time were great. Some time passed and now that my score is healthier and CL is much higher than SL but I still stuck with 24.49%. Has anyone done asking Amex to get a lower apr? Is there such thing? Thanks everyone in advance 🙏🏼
Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get your apr on Amex card lowered?

I was told they would consider it after the 0% APR period.
Message 2 of 5
Petit3tee
Contributor

Hi and thanks for responding but I wasn’t approved for 0% apr... I started right off at 24.49% but I keep paying it off every month to avoid the interests. Just wondering if they will consider lowering it for me or do I take initiative to get it lowered? :/
Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes take the initiative contact them on chat and request it. That’s what I did and they acted as if they would consider it if I weren’t in the middle of a zero APR promotional period.
Message 4 of 5
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Petit3tee wrote:
Hi all,
Long story short, I was approved for Amex blue cash every day when my score was on that border line of fair/good. Starting limit and APR at the time were great. Some time passed and now that my score is healthier and CL is much higher than SL but I still stuck with 24.49%. Has anyone done asking Amex to get a lower apr? Is there such thing? Thanks everyone in advance 🙏🏼

It doesn't hurt to ask. For comparison purposes, the interest rate for my Blue Cash Everyday credit card is currently 15.24%.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.