cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go about getting CLI from Barclay's?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: How to go about getting CLI from Barclay's?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Barclaycard in England, Barclays' home country. They were well known for increasing the CL if your card was always nearly maxed out. Seriously.

I can confirm that. I had a Barclay card in England and on 3 occasions, they raised my limit since I was very close to max out. I called the customer service and they did it. But in the us it's a whole different story since the credit system is different.

Message 11 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

If you ask for a CL a day after your approval, it's a HP. I have tried it and was told if I wanted to proceed. I thought they had the 30 day rule like USAA but negative on that one. I generally ask to talk to a supervisor and I was told the pull is only valid for the day it is pulled.

Message 12 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

If you ask for a CL a day after your approval, it's a HP. I have tried it and was told if I wanted to proceed. I thought they had the 30 day rule like USAA but negative on that one. I generally ask to talk to a supervisor and I was told the pull is only valid for the day it is pulled.

It appears that I've been getting the runaround from Barclays and they have lost some favor with me. I called the day after approval for recon/CLI and specifically asked if it would require a HP, and he said no. Then a second inq showed up on TU. On here everyone was saying no HP, too. I called Barclays, and the rep confirmed it should not have been a second HP. He said it should have been soft.

They supposedly put through a request to have it removed, and I was told 30 days. A month later, it was still there, so I called Barclays and actually spoke with the same rep. He again confirmed that the request had been sent to TU and that I needed to wait 6-8 weeks.

Now, it appears that I've been lied to, and there's nothing I hate more. It's still on TU, and when I spoke with TU today, the rep said that they haven't recd anything from barclays to remove. And now from what I'm reading on this thread, it looks like Barclays lied to me -- both when I called for recon/CLI and on subsequent calls re removing the second HP.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried. The guy wasn't having it. No hard pull though. He just said it was the best they could do for right now.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.