Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase available credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to increase available credit

What are good ways to increase available credit on the cards that I already have? Tom Falater

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to increase available credit

Good morning. I'm on mobile so I can't see your portfolio or scores, but in general the best way to grow is to garden, use what you have responsibly and not app all over the place for cards you have no use for. Too many folks obtain numerous store cards with low startling cls and end up hurting themselves in the long run. In time, creditors see responsible usage and reward for that. Good luck and happy new year!
Message 2 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

1. Pay down current balances = more credit available

2. Depends on cards... Some let you request a CLI with only a soft pull while others require a hard pull. Sometimes you can just hit the CLI button and sometimes you need to chat or call.

Happy New Year!

Message 3 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are good ways to increase available credit on the cards that I already have? Tom Falater

Welcome, and it depends on the specific cards you have. You will get good suggestions after you list out the cards you have, including card issuer, and the card brand name. Existing credit limits and your FICO score also help to put things in context.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Research the forums on the cards you have and who allows soft pulls or hard pulls for CLIs. Keep utilization below 30%. 1% to 9% is said to be ideal. Show usage on the cards.

Meaning allow them to report some usage if you can, without going over 30% reporting to the credit bureaus. Pay in full by due date..Not statement date.

Pay EVERY reoccurring bill you have with a CC if it doesn't cost you extra or you atleast break even. 

Welcome to the forums!😀

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

2. Depends on cards... Some let you request a CLI with only a soft pull while others require a hard pull. Sometimes you can just hit the CLI button and sometimes you need to chat or call.

Happy New Year!

and if you do this every month and continue to do it in the long run. CC providers will reward you with a higher credit line.

Its all about being responsible..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.