Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know whether applied credit card is accepted or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to know whether applied credit card is accepted or not

I applied for an AmEx card. they said, its gonna take 14 days to review. Im lil nervous that it ll be rejected for some reason. Is there any way online to check the status of my application. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to know whether applied credit card is accepted or not

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for an AmEx card. they said, its gonna take 14 days to review. Im lil nervous that it ll be rejected for some reason. Is there any way online to check the status of my application. Thanks

you can check your app status here - https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Goodluck!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much for the quick reply Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPlay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you can check your app status here - https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Goodluck!

My card is declined.. I really have high hopes on it.. I have good Credit score of 710 and have costco membership... I have seen reviews  that a good credit score with a costco membership is quite enough to get approved for this AmEx card I applied.. what could be possible reasons you think for the declination. Thanks

Message 4 of 9
H_you
Valued Member

You can check status under the link as to why declined...or wait for the letter they will send to you, or you can call them
Message 5 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There could be any number of reasons.  As stated above, you'll have to wait for the denial letter or call to find out.  While Costco membership is a requirement for the TE it is no tused in the approval decision.  As with any other application for credit it's not just about one's score(s).

@Anonymous wrote:

I have good Credit score of 710

Where did you get this credit score and which CRA's data was it based on?  There isn't just one credit score out there.  For one thing, credit scores are generated based on reports for each of the 3 CRA's.  Additionally there are a number of different scoring models used by creditors.  Your denial letter will indicate the score and CRA that AmEx used for their decision.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi H_you and takeshi.. my application is denied becuz of my credit score (621) and serious deliquency, too few accounts currently paid, high credit limits. But all of it was past. I have been doing really. I paid all of them with only has less than 10% balance. My capital one free credit score tracker shows 710 and no deliquency. But fico score which amex got is showing the above result. Can you please explain me why are so they so different and why is it not updated in fico. Can you please suggest me how can i get good score with in short time.. thanks
Message 7 of 9
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

The score from cap 1 is a FAKO score.  This is why the scores do not match.  Credit Karma is FAKO, credit.com is FAKO, credit sesame is FAKO.  none of the "free" site give a true fico credit score.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 8 of 9
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi H_you and takeshi.. my application is denied becuz of my credit score (621) and serious deliquency, too few accounts currently paid, high credit limits. But all of it was past. I have been doing really. I paid all of them with only has less than 10% balance. My capital one free credit score tracker shows 710 and no deliquency. But fico score which amex got is showing the above result. Can you please explain me why are so they so different and why is it not updated in fico. Can you please suggest me how can i get good score with in short time.. thanks

Hit the rebuilding forum.  There is lots of good info there on what can be done to mitigate past credit indiscretions.  It may not be fast, but it takes time to repair your credit.

Another poster has mentioned the free credit sites are all FAKOs.  It is not that FICO hasn't updated your info.  The FAKO and FICO scores are all based on the same credit report.  However, they look at the data differently.   Cap1 gives you a score that just ignores closed accounts.   FICO does not ignore closed accounts.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.