Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain Jcpenney Mastercard?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

How to obtain Jcpenney Mastercard?

So I've had a JCP Store Card since 2009. Started at a $700 limit, now it is at $4,900. Never missed a pmt, mostly pif. Currently, I owe $1.08 lol-I bought clearance shoe polish yesterday :-P.
Anyway, I want to know if anyone has been upgraded to the MC version of this card? I really have no use for this large of a line, and I'm trying to just not have so much store credit available.
If anyone has the JCP MC, please share as to how/when you obtained it.
Thanks!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: How to obtain Jcpenney Mastercard?

Unfortunately it's no longer available, I was interested in this about a year ago

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/JCPenney-Rewards-MasterCard-from-GE-Capital/td-p/106160...

Message 2 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ah!!! Bummer... Yeah, I only use my JCP card for small purchases at CVS. I called them up for a CLI, and they wanted to do a HP... Pft, guess I'll just handle my $4,900 limit and keep the account active and in goodstanding:-)
Thanks!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 7
Mumford1310
Established Member

The conversion program is back in progress. I received a letter that my card is automatically being upgraded to a JCP MasterCard in August.
I would try calling CS at this time to inquire

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
chan85
Established Contributor

@Mumford1310 wrote:
The conversion program is back in progress. I received a letter that my card is automatically being upgraded to a JCP MasterCard in August.
I would try calling CS at this time to inquire

this thread was from 2012.....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 5 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yep 2102 it is, Nice how JCP is upgrading current JCP cardholders that way they can experience the MC and let other JCP buyers know about the rewards and benefits of having the MC

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.