Did you mean: 

How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase isnt going to extend it to their co-brand cards unless they dont intend on having any co-brand business relationships the business entity they are partnering would never allow such a thing.

I tend to agree.  I could see them making bonuses once in a lifetime like Amex but I can't see United or the other partners agreeing to this kind of limitation.

I think they could be rolling it out for all cards because the have seen the results of doing it from their own cards.  The data must be interesting for them to roll it to all cards.

Exclusivity has it privileges and can lead to better results and return.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 21 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of having DH app for a 0% card later this spring. If this goes into affect then I may suck it up and pay 7.75% for a while instead just in case we need any of their airline cards.
Message 22 of 89
red259
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase isnt going to extend it to their co-brand cards unless they dont intend on having any co-brand business relationships the business entity they are partnering would never allow such a thing.

Why not.  Using a co-branded card for the sign-up bonus and then putting it in the SD does nothing for that partner.  It's all about usage and having a better customer.  These forums are not the norm and neither is having 7 or more chase cards.

Im a businessman, I would never partner with a bank that would limit my opportunity to make money and yes you are correct myFico and other crdit board users are a small slice but business is business and I would want 0 restrictions in the number of cards arena. I also doubt they could uniformly apply it without first getting an okay from their partners as it would require a contract change, you just cant go around issuing edicts when contracts are involved.

They are the bankers (chase), I'm the partner, the credit card and banking side is not my core business and I would rather take the professional advice of my partner who handles my CC business and knows it better than I would.  I'm sure the partners are aware of this.

I'm sure the financial people with these international corporations that are doing deals with the bank more than understand the CC business. The bank is worried about the bank the travel partner is worried about the travel partner. They are not going to rely on what the bank says to determine what is best for them, because the bank isn't necessarily on their side. They have massive negotiations before entering into these credit card deals. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 23 of 89
red259
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Why not.  Using a co-branded card for the sign-up bonus and then putting it in the SD does nothing for that partner.  It's all about usage and having a better customer.  These forums are not the norm and neither is having 7 or more chase cards.

Im a businessman, I would never partner with a bank that would limit my opportunity to make money and yes you are correct myFico and other crdit board users are a small slice but business is business and I would want 0 restrictions in the number of cards arena. I also doubt they could uniformly apply it without first getting an okay from their partners as it would require a contract change, you just cant go around issuing edicts when contracts are involved.

I'm pretty sure Chase would never enter into a contract where they did not have final say over who they issued their credit card product to. They can make the argument that someone with more than 5 credit cards within two years is a potential applicant in distress and therefore at higher risk of default. I'm sure the studies show that, as this community is fairly small and most the people that go on app sprees are doing so out if financial distress not for rewards. 

;
Message 24 of 89
redpat
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

They are the bankers (chase), I'm the partner, the credit card and banking side is not my core business and I would rather take the professional advice of my partner who handles my CC business and knows it better than I would.  I'm sure the partners are aware of this.

I'm sure the financial people with these international corporations that are doing deals with the bank more than understand the CC business. The bank is worried about the bank the travel partner is worried about the travel partner. They are not going to rely on what the bank says to determine what is best for them, because the bank isn't necessarily on their side. They have massive negotiations before entering into these credit card deals. 

Do you really think they would make this decision without consulting their partners?  I don't think so.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 25 of 89
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

is this really set in stone, this 5/24? my roomate got at least 8 cards in the last 24 months and has been getting bombarded for chase freedom prequals online and in the mail with set apr too. I hop this doesnt happen to the co-branded cards. SMH Smiley Sad

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 26 of 89
red259
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Do you really think they would make this decision without consulting their partners?  I don't think so.

What is to consult about? They have an agreement. The agreement spells it out. 

;
Message 27 of 89
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

This new extension of their 5/24 policy (if it happens) won't affect me at all, I plan to garden for the next 24mo.Woman Very Happy

same here

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 28 of 89
redpat
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

What is to consult about? They have an agreement. The agreement spells it out. 

I'm sure the agreement didn't include the 5/24 rule, it's very new.  Who knows.  But bashing Chase and thinking that their partners won't stand for this is all speculation, just as this rumor is.  I'm just amazed how upset people can get about not having the right to get a card anytime they want to apply and now there are rules....lol for crying out loud.

Message 29 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be apping for the next 2 years ...lets see what's up ahead in the bonus world.
Message 30 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.