cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this affect my credit score?

tag
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Re: How will this affect my credit score?

thank you all for ur replies. so it looks like the util is going to shoot up on that particular account and remain zero on the other accounts. 

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 11 of 20
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Klesko wrote:

I went to Havertys Funiture and bought a new couch and took them up on 36 months 0%. The total was 4k and 400 down. I applied and they approved me for 5k which would have put this card at 72% util which would really hurt my score. So I called them and had them CLI, only got $6,600 total but now my util will be like 55% which looks much better. 

This looks like the same deal. i will also call and try to CLI if I plan on taking this. 

Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 12 of 20
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

I went to Havertys Funiture and bought a new couch and took them up on 36 months 0%. The total was 4k and 400 down. I applied and they approved me for 5k which would have put this card at 72% util which would really hurt my score. So I called them and had them CLI, only got $6,600 total but now my util will be like 55% which looks much better. 

What kind of couch?

@Anonymous me a miser, but our last couch set cost less than $600 @ Ikea..

Its a recliner set, with a big couch, a loveseat, 2 side tables, cocktail table and a full dining set for 2.4k including taxes and delivery. Thanks for that option, I will check in Ikea also. Sorry Lexie, for going out of topic.  

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaselover wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Its a recliner set, with a big couch, a loveseat, 2 side tables, cocktail table and a full dining set for 2.4k including taxes and delivery. Thanks for that option, I will check in Ikea also. Sorry Lexie, for going out of topic.  

Including delivery, Not too bad. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Miser

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Miser

*Takes a bow* Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Miser

Hardly a miser, a true shopaholic, paying almost $600 (yes, six hundred!!) for a couch.   Go to a local supermarket, see if they can give you say 20 cardboard boxes.   Tape them itogether as approriate (yes, you probably do have to buy some tape, but nothing worthwhile is free), cover with old newspaper or towels, and there you have a lovely couch.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Miser

Hardly a miser, a true shopaholic, paying almost $600 (yes, six hundred!!) for a couch.   Go to a local supermarket, see if they can give you say 20 cardboard boxes.   Tape them itogether as approriate (yes, you probably do have to buy some tape, but nothing worthwhile is free), cover with old newspaper or towels, and there you have a lovely couch.

I might have to do that because one of my dogs decided that he wanted to get at the stuffing inside my leather loveseat .  Friggin dog

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Miser

I like it!

Message 19 of 20
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

What kind of couch?

Way off topic but do have a lot of experience with ikea?  They just delivered some cabinets for me and while I have heard good things I'm still nervous about the quality.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.