Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will transferring credit to amex blue cash affect cli promotion amount

tag
accjohn1990
Contributor

How will transferring credit to amex blue cash affect cli promotion amount

My Blue cash amex card (not prefered )has a credit limit of just $500.  When i was approved for the card i received an email offering a cli if i had at least one transaction in each of the first 5 months and made minimum payments.  My fifth month is up on 10/18.  I also have an amex everyday card that has a cl of $1000 and is eligible to transfer up to $500 in credit limit to the blue cash card.  I would like to transfer the maximum amount because i prefer the blue cash card due to its better benefits, but i am concerned about how this will affect my cli.  Will a higher cl mean a greater cli or will they see that my cl is higher already and give me less?  Or will there be no impact?  Both cards have been open for almost 5 months and i have been rejected cli when i requested them

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: How will transferring credit to amex blue cash affect cli promotion amount

@accjohn1990 wrote:

My Blue cash amex card (not prefered )has a credit limit of just $500.  When i was approved for the card i received an email offering a cli if i had at least one transaction in each of the first 5 months and made minimum payments.  My fifth month is up on 10/18.  I also have an amex everyday card that has a cl of $1000 and is eligible to transfer up to $500 in credit limit to the blue cash card.  I would like to transfer the maximum amount because i prefer the blue cash card due to its better benefits, but i am concerned about how this will affect my cli.  Will a higher cl mean a greater cli or will they see that my cl is higher already and give me less?  Or will there be no impact?  Both cards have been open for almost 5 months and i have been rejected cli when i requested them

Do these things in logical sequence.  If Amex has already promised you a CLI on BCE, let that happen first.  Once that is completed and reflected in your online account, then you can request the transfer from ED.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will transferring credit to amex blue cash affect cli promotion amount

@accjohn1990 wrote:

Hard to say whether it would have an effect or not.  Why don’t you just wait until the 18th, try for the CLI and then move the limit around if you still need to?  No need to do it now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.