Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howe many credit cards hacve you appd for so far in 2008

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howe many credit cards hacve you appd for so far in 2008

I personally havent appd for none because I planned not to however I got sucked into this WACK Cap1 offer and was declined so I am done --only reason I appd was to get a better card with a company i was already dealing with considering they sent me the offer and told me they thought I deserved based on previous customer history and my current card could not be upgraded with rewards--
Message 1 of 96
95 REPLIES 95
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Howe many credit cards hacve you appd for so far in 2008

None for me and it will remain this way for a long time. I'm only seeking CLIs w/o hard inqs and just got a nice one today with FIA.
Message 2 of 96
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

None for me. I am all done apping for next  few years. May be app for Discover if my scores exceeds 750.
Message 3 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds good fused I got mostly new accounts I wish I had a card that would be willing to have an increase in CL my oldest cards are the worst when it comes to that hopefully my new cards will be more lenient in the future--as for now i am going to just remain content with what I got
Message 4 of 96
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It was 25 months ago when my scores FINALLY recovered and I was in the 700s, but I didn't have any revolving TLs, so getting a decent CC was challenging. My local bank in Hawaii, who I have a great relationship with, trusted me with a new unsecured Visa with a 2K CL. Then Macy's, then FIA and so on. Once you demonstrate responsible usage, most CCCs will start giving you what you want: higher CLs, lower APRs, good BT terms and rates and so forth. I agonized for many years so I know how others feel. Sometime no credit can be worse than bad or marginal credit.
Message 5 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

None, nada zip and none anytime soon.  Maybe in 09
Message 6 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

i apped with Patelco and got credit card with a $5000 cl
Message 7 of 96
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

none in 2008
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 96
orl2185
Established Contributor

zero, nada zilch...
Message 9 of 96
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

zero. I am waiting for june/july when most of my inq's cross the 1 year mark.

Trying to resist temptation till then. I have my sights on 3 or 4 this year though. Also I'm going to apply for membership to at least 2 local cu's not for cc's but just to whet my appetite of applying for something. But only if they don't pull a hard for a simple checking/savings.

I don't know why.. but I just have to app!
Message 10 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.