Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howe many credit cards hacve you appd for so far in 2008

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Howe many credit cards hacve you appd for so far in 2008

@Anonymous wrote:
Recentlly I has applied for two CCs within a week this month. Discover More (w/limit of $2000) and Citi Driver's Edge (w/limit of $3000). I am not sure these cards are good one or not, especially Disocver Card. This is first time I own any of Discover card.
This is it. No more!
I will not apply for any other CC for a while. I need to focus on to reduce the balance.

Hi, bunnyrabbit, sounds like you got them both --congratulations! Would you mind letting us know what your scores were to get the Driver's Edge? And do you know which credit bureau they pulled? This is sort of a mystery card --not a lot of info out there. thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 91 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heya, Hauling!

According to some info I found on the Credit Pulls Database, they seem to pull TU and EQ. All of the ones I saw were approved - but the lowest score listed was 660, highest 745. No declines were listed, except someone who reconned. They got $500, then CLI'd to $3k on activation.

A 566 was aproved for the student version.

CL's were between 1000 and 5300.

Some of the approvals had these issues:
*1 paid co, 24 lates, thick file
*Lots of inqs, 25% util, 4 lates (student one)
*total 3 inq

We need to get some entries for this one in whopulledmycredit.com, but I ain't guinea pigging this one. 7-8 apps so far in 2008, and most of 'em declined leaves me out of the running right quick!

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy
Message 92 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, no problem haulingthescoreup ...  I hope this will help others too.

I have Citi Identity Monitor to watch my credit and belows are notification from them.
This score is by Dec 07'  and a little bit different than FICO score.
But close enough ... I compaered both (Citi and FICO) score before.

Equifax                749              Excellent
       Experian              740              Excellent
       TransUnion          736              Excellent

No. 1  ...  when I applied for Discover More
No. 2  ...  when I activate the Discover More
No. 3  ...  when I applied for Citi Driver's Edge
* I put numbers to easy to understand.

Notify Express® Monitoring
*** ACTIVITY ALERTS - READ IMMEDIATELY ***
            View       Date          Agency          Activity            Viewable Until
No. 3    View   01/23/2008    TransUnion     New Inquiry            03/23/2009
No. 2    View   01/21/2008    TransUnion     New Trade Line       03/21/2009
No. 1    View   01/16/2008    TransUnion     New Inquiry            03/16/2009

Message 93 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional ...

It seems Discover and Citi, both, used TU on my application.
I have one card with Citi since 11/2005, but I never had any of Discover card before.
With Citi Identity Monitor, my TU score is only 736 as you see. 
I am not sure about score with FICO ... it could be higher but still around 750 I believe.

It sound like it is very difficult to get approve with Discover after I read many of threads.  Why? What is so special ?  Discover card is like Amex card ... not many businesses take this card as others said.  Should I proud of myself by owning a Discover Card even with only 2k cl?
Message 94 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks to both of you for the Driver's Edge info! Maybe this thing will be doable after all. Guess I'll find out in about 2 months' time. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 95 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many I think I'm close to a dozen now with approvals for 6-7?thats gonna do it for me for a while. I'm gonna request upgrades on some from platinum to signature or world status in 6 months. Do I need to wait a year now to apply for any new accounts?
Message 96 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.