cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

However to call to expedite Citi AA points?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

However to call to expedite Citi AA points?

Search the forum and yielded no results as they are old, Does anyone know if Citi can "manually" credit my Citi AA sign up bonus , if the spend requirement is already met and just waiting for the 2nd statement to cut.

thank you.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: However to call to expedite Citi AA points?

You can call and ask but Citi customer service is terrible. I loathe calling them for anything.
I wouldn’t expect to be successful though

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 13
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.  Just call the number on the back of your card.  The worst that will happen is they say no.

That said, I'd be really surprised if they gave you the points early.

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, no. The only time they would manually adjust any type of SUB promotion would be in situations where a system error occurred in applying the SUB to your account. Even then, a case has to be opened so it would still require some cadence to get resolved.
Message 4 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

I would estimate that the “CSR Expedite” path, if it exists, probably will coincide with the Second Statement points timing.

The concern I would have is that by messing with the automatic cycle, one risks getting some sort of duplicate, and then they claw back the doubles points, all of them, causing further delays and phone calls.

AKA, Poking The Bear is not fun.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on NRB525's post, Doctor of Credit is ever reminding people: "do not poke the bear" so for what it is worth.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the hurry? Just wait it out and they'll post when teh time is right, mine did.

Message 7 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why the hurry? Just wait it out and they'll post when teh time is right, mine did.

Possibly planning a trip for the summer? I've seen a lot of people sign up for cards w/ SUBs with a specific vacation in mind.

Unless one reads the fine print, or has had prior experience with rewards cards, one might assume that the SUB points will be available immediately, and be disappointed when they realize it'll be up to a month wait (with the possibility that the pricing and/or availability of their airfare/lodging could change for the worse by the time the points arrive). I'm guessing that's the case here... either that, or OP doesn't have any plans for the points yet and is just really impatient Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is that every instutution can be differnt. Amex generally posts SUBs within two days after the spend is met. Chase i don't recall, but seemed like within one statement period. Citi was fairly quick too, though I didn't literally sit there watching and awiting for them to post.

He who watched the kettle waits forever. lol

Message 9 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Problem is that every instutution can be differnt. Amex generally posts SUBs within two days after the spend is met. Chase i don't recall, but seemed like within one statement period. Citi was fairly quick too, though I didn't literally sit there watching and awiting for them to post.

He who watched the kettle waits forever. lol

I just received my CSP SUB points yesterday - they make the points available on the next statement closing date after you meet the minimum spend. In my case, it was about 2 weeks between hitting my spend and getting the points. I'm in no hurry, I don't have any plans for how I'll use my points yet, for now I'm just trying to earn as many as I can! My account is up to 80k now Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.