cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

However to call to expedite Citi AA points?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who to call to expedite Citi AA points?

I called in and was denied Smiley Sad, they stated that the points were “ automatic” even though they verified that all spending requirements were met. Yeah I need the points to pay for a Vacation for the family. Funny thing is they were able to manually give me 10,000 points as a courtesy for being a “ good customer “..

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 11 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Which makes sense OP. Courtesy adjustments can be made up to a certain maximum. Those can be manually submitted either to match a certain ongoing promotion or due to any instances of inconvenience. For some lenders, such as Citi, the SUB is system-driven which cannot be manually overridden to expedite the posting of such rewards, unfortunately.
Message 12 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
I called in and was denied Smiley Sad, they stated that the points were “ automatic” even though they verified that all spending requirements were met. Yeah I need the points to pay for a Vacation for the family. Funny thing is they were able to manually give me 10,000 points as a courtesy for being a “ good customer “..

Honestly, that sounds like your phone call was a "win", in my books. You didn't get what you originally wanted, but you got 10,000 free points (worth $100!) just for the inconvenience, and that's pretty dang cool.

Did they give you the exact date that the points will post to your account? Will you get them early enough to still get to use them for your planned vacation? Alternatively, if you have the budget for it right now, you could book this trip with normal dollars, and save the points for another vacation later - that's what I did for the trip I'm going on next week. I couldn't wait around for my Chase points to hit my account, so I went ahead and booked everything using regular money, and I'll just use the Chase points for a different trip later.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.