Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hsbc, sinking ship, jump or wait?

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Hsbc, sinking ship, jump or wait?

Does anyone know when a descion could be expected?
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 21 of 40
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Looks like JPMorgan Chase might be jumping into the fray, as well:

http://www.abalert.com/headlines.php?hid=152684

Message 22 of 40
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Believe1970 wrote:
Does anyone know when a descion could be expected?

I would think that would depend on how many big banks make an offer that Hsbc likes.

I would think it wouldn't happen for at least a year or more because of the legality of it all, provided they took an offer.

But I'm be no means any kind of expert, that would just be a good guess.

Message 23 of 40
android01
Valued Contributor

My hope would be that whomever ends up with HSBC's portfolio will treat their new customers better than Chase treated WAMU customers.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 40
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@android01 wrote:

My hope would be that whomever ends up with HSBC's portfolio will treat their new customers better than Chase treated WAMU customers.

Would you mind going into detail about this? I'm considering opening an Orchard card so that I may get into Wells or back into Chase...

Message 25 of 40
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

well i hope its capital one i already have two accounts with chase and one with wellsfargo with pretty good limits they would probally get rid of my two cards if it went over,

Message 26 of 40
Smug
Established Contributor

I am hoping for chase.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 27 of 40
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

This will be interesting, since I just received my Household Bank CC in June. I hope someone other than Capital One acquires the account. I had an account with them in the past that went into collections. I would hate to be dropped due to some blacklisting after taking charge to correct my credit. *crosses my fingers*

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 28 of 40
android01
Valued Contributor

@jmcmillan wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Would you mind going into detail about this? I'm considering opening an Orchard card so that I may get into Wells or back into Chase...

Chase cut a 15K CL in half and rate jacked me to 25% from 11%.  The WAMU account was 10 years old at the time with perfect payment history.  I called to ask for a rate reduction (which they refused to do) and was told by a Chase CSR, "Sir, if you can't afford to use our credit card, then by all means use someone elses".  Needless to say I took their advice, and my Chase card sits in the sock drawer with a $19 recurring charge every month.  I won't close it because it's 12 years old now.  At the time, Chase seemed to be actively culling WAMU customers based on some of the things I've read here and elsewhere.  I can just imagine what they'll be culling when it comes to some of HSBC's products and customers.  Smiley Mad 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 29 of 40
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

This will be interesting, since I just received my Household Bank CC in June. I hope someone other than Capital One acquires the account. I had an account with them in the past that went into collections. I would hate to be dropped due to some blacklisting after taking charge to correct my credit. *crosses my fingers*

I don't think that would happen, at least it didn't for me. I still had the collection on my account from Cap1 and they gave me a new card in April. However the limit is low but I was shocked they sent me a pre-approval in the mail and sure enough I got the card.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.