Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hsbc, sinking ship, jump or wait?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Hsbc, sinking ship, jump or wait?

IMO - just wait it out to see what happens.

Until something is announced, why worry! Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@RockinRay wrote:

IMO - just wait it out to see what happens.

Until something is announced, why worry! Smiley Happy

Ray

Yeah, I've decided to hang onto mine for a while just to see what happens. I'm going to call up in a couple of weeks, though, and see if I can get them to waive or reduce the upcoming AF. I'm planning on using the uncertainty as a basis for not wanting to pay the full fee.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 40
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Good move on your part to give them a call.

Why knows, the game will most likely change some when the transition happens, but it could be for the good. The last thing they will want to do is upset their customers. Bad business so to speak.

Let us know if you get the AF waived.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 40
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

if HSBC does get bought out by another lender/creditor, how will that affect my current BBRZ MC reporting if i decide to just keep the card?  will it close the HSBC TL on my report and then a new one under the new company pops-up?  or would the name just update and its business as usual?

DW and I have both had a CC creditor transfers in the past 6 months. One closed the old trade line and created a new one with the same open date, while the other assumed the entire history of the original trade line with a new name and address.

Message 14 of 40
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I have an HSBC and a Cap1 as well.   I am going to try to add a bank card from someone else and wait to see what HSBC does.

You might want to do the same.

Message 15 of 40
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i have two orchard bank cards had them for 3 years now i have 8000 limits on both and two percent cash back i built these for the ground up for 750 limits back 3 years ago  my credit has been jumping up ever since i have 16000 with there bank and no af on both god i would hate to lose out on these .  i have built these into cards better then a lot of the banks out there.  if i go to capital one i know i will probally lose my limits.

Message 16 of 40
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 isn't the only one interested Wells Fargo put in a bid too.

"NEW YORK, July 14 (Reuters) - Capital One Financial Corp (COF.N) and Wells Fargo (WFC.N) are among the bidders for HSBC Holdings Plc's (HSBA.L) U.S. credit card portfolio, according to sources familiar with the situation."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/14/hsbc-sale-idUSN1E76D1UP20110714

Message 17 of 40
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

if HSBC does get bought out by another lender/creditor, how will that affect my current BBRZ MC reporting if i decide to just keep the card?  will it close the HSBC TL on my report and then a new one under the new company pops-up?  or would the name just update and its business as usual?

DW and I have both had a CC creditor transfers in the past 6 months. One closed the old trade line and created a new one with the same open date, while the other assumed the entire history of the original trade line with a new name and address.

thanks for the input stan.

if WF is the winning bidder...i may have a WF cc after all in the future

Message 18 of 40
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

"if WF is the winning bidder...i may have a WF cc after all in the future"

Me too!

Message 19 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Mekitcat wrote:

Cap1 isn't the only one interested Wells Fargo put in a bid too.

"NEW YORK, July 14 (Reuters) - Capital One Financial Corp (COF.N) and Wells Fargo (WFC.N) are among the bidders for HSBC Holdings Plc's (HSBA.L) U.S. credit card portfolio, according to sources familiar with the situation."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/14/hsbc-sale-idUSN1E76D1UP20110714

Now THAT piques my interest. I already have two Cap1 cards, so I don't need/want another one. But, I bank with Wells Fargo (just recently converted from Wachovia), and I have been interested in one of their cards. But... I don't want to take another inq or new account hit. If this is true, then I hope that WF wins out so that I can get grandfathered into a WF card.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.