cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Chase Credit Card - Get Annual Fee Waived First YEAR?

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Hyatt Chase Credit Card - Get Annual Fee Waived First YEAR?

I really want the Hyatt Chase CC...but they don't offer the first year free like some other CCs. I really don't want to pay the AF the first year, so is it possible to have it waived since so many other cards allow the first year free? Anyone have any luck with that?

Seems like the sign up bonus (2 free nights anywhere) is pretty awsome..

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Hyatt Chase Credit Card - Get Annual Fee Waived First YEAR?

Are you kidding? You're already getting 2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world, yet you don't even want to pay a $75 AF? People always want something for nothing these days. And no, Chase rarely waives AFs and definitely not for new cardmembers. 

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 18
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

lol harsh, but true. I didnt know that card offered that. Add it to the wish list

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 3 of 18
BlueHusky
Contributor

I'm not a new cardmember.... I already have a Chase Freedom and a Chase Sapphire Pref., so I already pay an annual fee to Chase. Furthermore, Chase gets more than enough money from the fees just from me using their credit card with merchants. So please step down from your high horse now.

The vast majority of cards with AF's waive the first year, and they too include bonuses such as airfare or free hotel nights. It's not insane to ask them to do the same.

@CreditScholar wrote:

Are you kidding? You're already getting 2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world, yet you don't even want to pay a $75 AF? People always want something for nothing these days. And no, Chase rarely waives AFs and definitely not for new cardmembers. 

Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)

Message 4 of 18
ssmith891
New Contributor

If you apply while booking a room at any Hyatt, a pop up will appear on the right side of the page for an additional $100 statement credit after first purchase. You don't even have to actually book the room, just apply through that link.
Message 5 of 18
BlueHusky
Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:
If you apply while booking a room at any Hyatt, a pop up will appear on the right side of the page for an additional $100 statement credit after first purchase. You don't even have to actually book the room, just apply through that link.

Got the pop..here are the terms...

$100 Statement Credit Bonus:
This bonus offer is for new cardmembers who respond to this instant credit offer on hyatt.com and first apply for the Hyatt Credit Card through hyatt.com as part of making a reservation. You will qualify for and receive your statement credit after your first purchase. First purchase does not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 2 weeks for your statement credit to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Hyatt Gold Passport® Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Hyatt Gold Passport Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. If you respond via the Internet, the majority of applications are responded to in less than 60 seconds. Your actual response time may vary depending on the Internet connection and volume of submitted requests. We may not be able to give you an immediate answer in every instance.

So do i have to make a reservation? (bolding was mine for emphasis)

Message 6 of 18
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

If you were already planning on staying at a Hyatt, that would get you your AF back plus $25. Otherwise, you might have to find another way.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 7 of 18
ssmith891
New Contributor

You do not have to make the reservation. After you get approved you can just back out.
Message 8 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Asking them to waive an annual fee because other lenders do it is like asking to have a 20000 credit limit because another lender gave you one. I am sure they know other lenders waive annual fees the first year and do not care. It may not even be their choice to charge it; maybe Hyatt says they can't waive it. I wouldn't waste any time in asking.

Message 9 of 18
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Asking them to waive an annual fee because other lenders do it is like asking to have a 20000 credit limit because another lender gave you one. I am sure they know other lenders waive annual fees the first year and do not care. It may not even be their choice to charge it; maybe Hyatt says they can't waive it. I wouldn't waste any time in asking.

+1. Someone who actually gets it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.