cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Chase Credit Card - Get Annual Fee Waived First YEAR?

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Re: Hyatt Chase Credit Card - Get Annual Fee Waived First YEAR?

CreditScholar wrote:

+1. Someone who actually gets it.

Annual fee is waived +$25...what's more to get?

Message 11 of 18
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1. Someone who actually gets it.

Annual fee is waived +$25...what's more to get?

There's a difference between finding a better offer versus expecting to get the AF waived on the original offer. The original offer explicitly states that it's not waived the first year. You're talking about the previous while OP was asking about the latter.

If there's a better offer out there then that's fine, but if that offer he was looking at says the AF isn't waived then it's not waived. Having a Freedom (Chase's low-level entry card) and a CSP isn't going to provide enough justification to change that.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

Requesting a courtesy fee waiver after spending "X" or staying "X" nights after a given year is one thing, but to request a "fee waiver" even before you have the card and applied for only because of the 2 free nights seems overly ambitious.

Message 13 of 18
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Requesting a courtesy fee waiver after spending "X" or staying "X" nights after a given year is one thing, but to request a "fee waiver" even before you have the card and applied for only because of the 2 free nights seems overly ambitious.

You're always a lot more polite than I am Open. Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

You're always a lot more polite than I am Open. Smiley Happy

Well, during my first job out of college, they sent me to "sensitivity" training after my first year.

PS - Not by choice by the way!  Hahaha

Message 15 of 18
FrugalRican
Blogger

I had mine waived last year, because I applied from Hyatt.com and not from Chase's website. I only did get a $75 statement credit after the first spend, but that was perfect for me. You can use those two free nights at ANY Hyatt, so choose wisely... choose the most expensive one.

I was going to say though, if you use that Freedom/CSP avidly, the $170 you spend a year on the AF will more than make up for itself because of the transfer ratio.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 18
bribro
Valued Contributor

How dare Chase charge a $75 annual fee for a credit card that gives you 2 free nights at any Hyatt property in the world?! It's disgusting, and an absolute outrage. I think they should be paying me $75 to receive their free stuff. Ugh, damn these greedy banks and their constant attempts to make a profit, it's completely unamerican.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 18
jritch
New Contributor

The $100 statement credit is pretty sweet right now. I legitimately had to book 3 nights in NYC, so I look forward to that credit.

As a previous poster mentioned, you could try applying and then not reserving a hotel. Though it explicitly say:

GET A $100 STATEMENT CREDIT BONUS after your first purchase with Hyatt Credit Card.* This bonus offer is valid only for first-time Hyatt Credit Card applicants booking a reservation on Hyatt.com and will appear on your credit card statement within two weeks after your first purchase. The statement credit is not a discount off of your room rate.

I wouldn't tempt it FWIW, but to each his own.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.