Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Chase Visa - using free nights

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyatt Chase Visa - using free nights

I'm in the garden for a while after just getting a Discover It and BoA Travel Rewards, but am now eyeing the Hyatt Chase Visa a little further down the road. I just booked airfare to Tokyo in November (that Discover 0% APR really helps!), and while looking at hotels noticed that I can get 2 free nights at any Hyatt as a signup bonus with the Chase Hyatt Visa after spending $2K in 90 days — including the ultra-luxe Park Hyatt Tokyo, which would seriously be a dream come true.

I'm currently working on the bonus spend for my new BoA card, but it's only $1K so shouldn't take too long. once that's done will theoretically app for the Hyatt Chase, and make sure I get those free nights with plenty of time to spare before my trip.

my question is, for anyone who has gotten this card and completed the bonus for 2 free nights, how easy is it to redeem? are there a lot of blackout dates or are you pretty much good to go as long as there are available rooms?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hyatt Chase Visa - using free nights

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the garden for a while after just getting a Discover It and BoA Travel Rewards, but am now eyeing the Hyatt Chase Visa a little further down the road. I just booked airfare to Tokyo in November (that Discover 0% APR really helps!), and while looking at hotels noticed that I can get 2 free nights at any Hyatt as a signup bonus with the Chase Hyatt Visa after spending $2K in 90 days — including the ultra-luxe Park Hyatt Tokyo, which would seriously be a dream come true.

I'm currently working on the bonus spend for my new BoA card, but it's only $1K so shouldn't take too long. once that's done will theoretically app for the Hyatt Chase, and make sure I get those free nights with plenty of time to spare before my trip.

my question is, for anyone who has gotten this card and completed the bonus for 2 free nights, how easy is it to redeem? are there a lot of blackout dates or are you pretty much good to go as long as there are available rooms?

I'm halfway thru meeting the spend on this card for my 2 free nights.  I'm curious on this question too.

Message 2 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The best way to redeem nights is to call the Hyatt toll free number and tell them your destination and dates. I found it very easy to redeem my two nights last year.
Message 3 of 16
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Yearly certificate has restrictions. Sign up doesn't. Makes it a useless card imo

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I'm not concerned about the annual free night, might even cancel after the first year bc of the $75 AF -- but the 2 free nights signup bonus is totally worth it to me provided I can use it for my desired dates because the Park Hyatt Tokyo is like $600/night.
Message 5 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I know this is a bit outdated thread but is it possible to redeem the 2 bonus nights online? I can not seem to find a way to do it.. I'm more confortable doing it online rather than calling.. Help would be appreciated .. Thank you. I know on the Hyatt page when logged in it shows Qualified Nights YTD: 0 but at the bottom it says 2 free nights earned..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

I know this is a bit outdated thread but is it possible to redeem the 2 bonus nights online? I can not seem to find a way to do it.. I'm more confortable doing it online rather than calling.. Help would be appreciated .. Thank you. I know on the Hyatt page when logged in it shows Qualified Nights YTD: 0 but at the bottom it says 2 free nights earned..

My accountt>MyAwards and once you see the free inghts, click on the + symbol and it will let you book a room using the free nights

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP did you end up being able to book the Park Hyatt Tokyo? Just curious...
Message 8 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have done this twice. And I have redeemed my nights in Tokyo. The first time was at the andaz and the second time was park hyatt in tokyo. I did the first trip and stayed at andaz The seocnd trip I could only get the andaz for one night so I ended up taking the park hyatt for two nights instead. Honestly IMO the andaz is better, although there is more lore with the park hyatt. If you are looking for this November it may be a tighter fit. You can only book if standard rooms are still available for sale. So if all the standard rooms are sold out you won't be able to book an award. I would check the hyatt website and see if standard rooms are still open for your travel dates. If they aren't then you know the free nights won't work on those dates. 

Damnit just realized this was an old thread people revived. I frickin hate when this happens just start a new thread if you have a question instead of reviving something that was posted several months ago. Still my advice holds true.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

My accountt>MyAwards and once you see the free inghts, click on the + symbol and it will let you book a room using the free nights

Yes, I tried that but couldn't get it to work.. The only option is to book with points or points with cash. The place I'm going comes up with many Hyatt hotels can't imagine they all don't work with the program.. Maybe I need to book and once I get there get the free nights? Thank you.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.