cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

Hi everyone, i have been rebuilding my credit for the past two years now and it still needs cleaning up but plenty of times I have went to the american express pre-selector card site and was always told there are no card offers at this time.  Well tonight I went to the site filled out the information and to my surprise there were two card offers one for the gold rewards and one for the green rewards, I was hesitant at first thinking how my scores are going to tank once again and what if I am not even apporved, but then I decided what the heck and to just go for it, well i went with the green rewards as it is a lesser annual fee, and I filled out the application and to my suprise and shock was approved instantly and stated I will recieve my card in 7 to 10 days.  So anyone out there interested just try you never know just like I found out tonight, well at least I have my foot in the door.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

Congrats, tray!  What are your FICOs?
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 31
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

@tray wrote:
Hi everyone, i have been rebuilding my credit for the past two years now and it still needs cleaning up but plenty of times I have went to the american express pre-selector card site and was always told there are no card offers at this time.  Well tonight I went to the site filled out the information and to my surprise there were two card offers one for the gold rewards and one for the green rewards, I was hesitant at first thinking how my scores are going to tank once again and what if I am not even apporved, but then I decided what the heck and to just go for it, well i went with the green rewards as it is a lesser annual fee, and I filled out the application and to my suprise and shock was approved instantly and stated I will recieve my card in 7 to 10 days.  So anyone out there interested just try you never know just like I found out tonight, well at least I have my foot in the door.  Good Luck

Congrats!!!!

I had the same fortune about 10 days ago.  I did the pre-approval thing, and the gold and green rewards cards came up.  And to my surprise I was approved. 

This prompted me to apply for a Discover card.  I applied for a Discover Motiva, recieved the 7-10 day message, I called, the nice rep who 1st said the denial was due to an old paid collection on my TU.  He offered to pull another report, and actually asked which I'd like him to pull.  I new my EQ was like 5 points lower, so I said to go ahead and pull the EX.  Next thing you know he was congratulating me on being approved for a Discover Motiva with a $1500 limit!Smiley Very Happy

***From ashy to classy***
Message 3 of 31
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Congrats tray. Your credit limit was?
Message 4 of 31
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, myTU fico is 702 and my EQ is 673. This year since March I have 4 new accounts which has tanked my scores it was higher 1 visa, 2 store cards, 1 loan.  I just checked this morning my ex cr was hard pulled.  It also did not say a cl on the american express site as it is a charge card. good luck if anyone else goes on the site.

Message 5 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Where is the link for pre-appoved on Amex?
Message 6 of 31
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi creditaddict, you can google american express pre-select card offers, go on to that site, and the page is right there, it will ask you are you a cardholder member already say no, and then just fill out the information.  Good Luck

Message 7 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

is it now gone or am I just stupid?  When I go to American Express the only option is to pick a card or do questions to determine which is best card for you but no pre-approval link anymore
Message 8 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Message 9 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I applied just for the heck of it and as I suspected I am black listed, they didn't even pull credit
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.