Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Believe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Can't Believe

According to the website I was apporved for a 20,000.00 credit limit. Are they playing a cruel joke? Has other people gotten this type of CL from Carnival Sea Miles?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I Can't Believe

kasowell wrote:
According to the website I was apporved for a 20,000.00 credit limit. Are they playing a cruel joke? Has other people gotten this type of CL from Carnival Sea Miles?

Word on the street is either that they have gone insane, or their computer is screwed up  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

kasowell wrote:

Word on the street is either that they have gone insane, or their computer is screwed up  Smiley Very Happy

Computer is screwed up. I talked to CSR yesterday and they are just as hardnosed as ever (at least person to person).
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a credit card? do you see an APR anywhere?

Many solicitations in the mail come with credit limits of $10k's but they are not credit card offers...usually they give you that credit so you can buy merchandise on their own websites (which is obviously a rip-off).

I'd check and double-check to make sure it is a credit card offer or some kind of a loan.

Also, did you ask for that CL? how did you get the offer?
Message 4 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

shpitz wrote:
Is this a credit card? do you see an APR anywhere?

Many solicitations in the mail come with credit limits of $10k's but they are not credit card offers...usually they give you that credit so you can buy merchandise on their own websites (which is obviously a rip-off).

I'd check and double-check to make sure it is a credit card offer or some kind of a loan.

Also, did you ask for that CL? how did you get the offer?

I assume the OP is referring to the Carnival Sea Miles (Juniper/Barclays) CC, and has seen on-line approval of the application, and hence knows the CL.

They seem to have gone gaga with CLs for new apps this last couple of weeks!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online application.....went to check status and it said congratulations you are approved for 20,000.00. I haven't actually gotten a card but was totally blown away by that responce. Just checking to see if others got similar results and if they actually got the cards?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Too GOOD to be TRUE! Smiley Happy)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you 're surprised and puzzled by the limit you've been approved for- You should not have this card. perhaps you better call them and ask for a CLD ( Credit line Decrease )
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3 cards are on all 3 CRA's -

EX - Up 15 points? My Utl was already under 10%.
When did EX start give points for new accounts?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay guys there HAS been a glitch at Junny.  Just how far reaching it is no one knowa.

Timothy, I think you may neee to say goodbye to a card or two.  Junny says no more than two and they are now reviewing accounts with multiples and closing the duplicates.  Computer didn't seem to be recognizing the multiple apps in the short time period.  Not saying they are definitely gong to yank you just saying be prepared. Every one of the accounts hit the bureaus.

OP was your response instant?  What are your scores? Is this the only card you were approved for?  Now Junny is giving out large limits, your are moe likely safe if you went through secondary decisioning instead of instant.  Ther has been no word of CLDs on one card. Just hope thats the only one you apped for.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-18-2007 10:58 PM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.