cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I DONT KNOW IF ITS A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING WHAT DO YOU THINK?

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

I DONT KNOW IF ITS A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Ok guys I have a question i was just taking a look at my credit report, i wanted to know if its a good thing or a bad thing when you look at yo accounts and the creditor is saying *not reported ?* i mean i have a 0 balance on both the accounts i just dont use my macys card like that so it says not reported is that good or bad?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: I DONT KNOW IF ITS A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING WHAT DO YOU THINK?

@bsal wrote:
Ok guys I have a question i was just taking a look at my credit report, i wanted to know if its a good thing or a bad thing when you look at yo accounts and the creditor is saying *not reported ?* i mean i have a 0 balance on both the accounts i just dont use my macys card like that so it says not reported is that good or bad?

Is this an isolated month here or there - or did it start at a point in time and continue. When was the last time you used your Macy's card? What is the account status - does it say "Open"?
Message 2 of 6
bsal
Frequent Contributor

the account is still open, i just dont use it so its saying not reported, i will not close the account tho i just dont use it, is that a good thing or a bad thing that it says *not reported* ?
Message 3 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Is this an isolated month here or there - or did it start at a point in time and continue. When was the last time you used your Macy's card? What is the account status - does it say "Open"?

????

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bear in mind, there is a MONTHLY FEE charged to the CC issuer to report your status to the credit bureau. If I was them and I had account balances of 0, I would not report it. What can they say? Account open, but no balance?

When they report it, there is the designation, "Paid or Pays as agreed" (or if in default, they report that) This shows indeed you are meeting you obligations or not. If you have no balance, what can they say?

Much like not sending you a statement when there is no balance or activity on the account.

Everyone is trying to pare down costs and this seems logical.

Message 5 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bear in mind, there is a MONTHLY FEE charged to the CC issuer to report your status to the credit bureau. If I was them and I had account balances of 0, I would not report it. What can they say? Account open, but no balance?

When they report it, there is the designation, "Paid or Pays as agreed" (or if in default, they report that) This shows indeed you are meeting you obligations or not. If you have no balance, what can they say?

Much like not sending you a statement when there is no balance or activity on the account.

Everyone is trying to pare down costs and this seems logical.

DickC, can you jump over here for a moment? 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.