Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Feel BAMBOOZLED of course by CAP1

tag
Dbadup
New Contributor

I Feel BAMBOOZLED of course by CAP1

I was on my online account page and the chat to agent button appeared, like always I connected to the cat and asked the agent to upgrade my account. He had me verify my account placed me on hold and came back saying I was eligible. This was at 3 am, he said I could upgrade to a rewards from my rebuilder sans the $39 fee. Of course I had to call back after 8 am, called in and now their saying I can upgrade but the fee stays and no CLI.... What's the sense

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I Feel BAMBOOZLED of course by CAP1

@Dbadup - Sorry to hear.........I would just accept Cap1 for what they are, a subprime lender to rebuilders.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks. If you didn't do it this time, next time save a copy of the transcript so you have proof.

Message 3 of 27
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

This is common for capital one. All they are good for is newcomers to credit.
Message 4 of 27
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Seems like they just throw a dart at the answer dartboard sometimes ~ different answer based on the time of day or day of the week.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

+1 on saving chat transcripts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 27
Dbadup
New Contributor

I do have the transcript.... Now what to do with it! who at crap1 cares?

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 7 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

look up the backdoor number on the top of the cc forum page thread for Cap1 Sr. Acct. Escalations and explain the situation and tell them you have the transcripts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 27
shane82388
Established Contributor

I have a saved transcript of a CSR chat telling me they will wave my monthly fee. Of course it wasnt waived, but no one seems to care. They credited my account 30 bucks after writing to the CEO...Whoop-de-doo.

Message 9 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

I have a saved transcript of a CSR chat telling me they will wave my monthly fee. Of course it wasnt waived, but no one seems to care. They credited my account 30 bucks after writing to the CEO...Whoop-de-doo.

Smiley Sad

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't have to pay it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.