Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I *Heart* Barclays!

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

I *Heart* Barclays!

Got approved on the 28th, paid off iPod i got shortly thereafter, called today asked for a CLI - soft pulled, asked me about 1 baddie, told me not to apply for no more credit (few hards lately) and gave me a $1000 increase!  I cannot stop saying good things about this bank!  Honesty goes far with them; tell them no BS and they WILL help you!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: I *Heart* Barclays!

yea i love barclays too. i plan on them being one of my main cards when i start to close all of mine

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

They are very nice poeple to deal with yes. And, once you have established with them, they will take good care of you.

Their interest rates are not very reasonable, but there CL's and CS is top notch!

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 20
daveg38
Established Contributor

It was really cool of them to be so kind and give me a good chance to prove my new worth.  Old habits have officially died!

Best part of the whole deal is that all this happened BEFORE my card even arrived...I thanked the nice woman and let them know how awful Crapital One treats there people.  She chuckled and stated they get that statement alot. 

Message 4 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah I agree they are great ~ they will work with you to grow your CLs, very very very different than many other CCs.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 20
quest208
Frequent Contributor

dave how thin (or thick) was your credit file?  what other high limit cards do you have?

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daveg38 wrote:

Got approved on the 28th, paid off iPod i got shortly thereafter, called today asked for a CLI - soft pulled, asked me about 1 baddie, told me not to apply for no more credit (few hards lately) and gave me a $1000 increase!  I cannot stop saying good things about this bank!  Honesty goes far with them; tell them no BS and they WILL help you!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Usually new HP on TU disappears for 1-2 days before resurfacing. You might need to check TU 3 days later to be sure no HP generated.
Message 7 of 20
daveg38
Established Contributor

My file, actually, kind of looks "flat".

1 Capital One Card - $750 / 743.00 avail (perfect payments)

1 Barclaycard - $1350 / 1325.73 available (1 payment so far, perfect)

1 Fingerhut account - $207 / 165 available (perfect payments)

1 closed car loan - $6860 / paid perfectly for 2 1/2 years, closed in 2009

2 closed credit cards - paid in full

All recent payments beat the statement dates, so util is about 1%

1 baddie - CSC ($594)

13 inq /2 years

Message 8 of 20
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

This is the reason I love Barclays they will work with people and won't say because you have a baddie we can't lend they have the attitude of okay this person turned it around let's see what he has gives them a decent cl and will give you cli with out even batting an eyelash as long as you have good history with them I mean they are the company that capital one is not. This is cap one we gave you 500 dollar cl and will never increase it even if you deserve it Barclays says after speaking with you and going over your report it seems you are working hard to build a good credit history and we want to be apart of it here is ur credit line of 1000 and be good to us and call us in 6 months with perfect history and we have no problem with bringing it to 2000 and so on c'mon cap one Barclays is world class and knows what they are doing get a customer young and just starting in credit world and reward they very good and they will stick with you till they die in 80 years because you treat them right and reward great management
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 9 of 20
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Sounds terrific.  I have yet to receive love from Barclays even though we cruise Carnival every year Smiley Sad, but I know it's coming and it's going to be good when it's my turn at bat. LOL

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.