Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Live in the Twilight Zone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Live in the Twilight Zone

In reviewing all my cards online, I checked into the WaMu site, and went to my credit profile page. I have 2 WaMu cards....both are Visa Platinum's.

Looking at the profiles, which both listed as TU scores dated 10/03/07:

CC "A" TU score: 651
CC "B" TU score: 659

That made me want to break out the elderberry wine(I still might tonight,lol).

I then went to my J.C.Penny acct. page. Analyzed the balances,etc and then started poking around the page. Clicked on the "request a cli" button. I did just to see what it looked like, not expecting anything. It came back saying: "CONGRATULATIONS!! You've just been granted a cli of $500, and starting immediately, your CL is now $1,500". Started out with $300 cl last Oct. and bumped up to $1,000 in December. But sure wasn't expecting that cli tonight. Smiley Happy

"Never ever, ever be late. Never"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Live in the Twilight Zone

Does JCP do a hard or soft or is it primarily payment history?

I was planning on paying off most of the account tonight -maybe I'll look for the luv button in a couple of weeks.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scarlet, I'm assuming that it's based primarily on payment history with them, seeing how it instantaneously gave me the cli, right after I hit the submit button. I know computers are fast, but not that fast. I mean there was not 1 second delay in the response. Like it had been waiting for me to do that.

What really shocked me was when they raised my cl to $1,000 last Dec. Didn't ask for it or anything. The new gold card just appeared with a congrats letter. Bizarre

To me its magic. LOL

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 10-20-2007 10:14 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, I just made the payment and asked for CLI (denied)  - will try after it posts.  They did just give me a CLI in August - am I being greedy?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phew. That's pretty ambitious Scarlet. A cli 2 months after you got one from them.

Was their answer instantaneous?

But it never hurts to ask! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.