cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I MESSED UP! BIG TIME - I H8 D APP ITCH!!

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

I MESSED UP! BIG TIME - I H8 D APP ITCH!!

Sigh!

So I froze my Equifax, and Experian about a month ago. Both reports are in the 600's. My Transunion is also in the 600's approximately 617 as of sept.6th 2012. I recently felt the app itch and decided to apply for another Cap1 CC, JCP CC, and Walmart CLI request. Cap1 approved me $500 (Platinum Classic), Walmart Denied my Cli request, and JCP Denied my app. Today I received the decision letter from JCP which states as 9/19/2012 my credit score is at 429? **bleep** I'm a bit lost since I've been on point with my payments on all my credit card accounts, and my utilization is around 30%.

Can anyone tell me what could've possibly happened? It would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: I MESSED UP! BIG TIME - I H8 D APP ITCH!!

that could be an internal score. 

but even with low 600's i wouldnt be apping for anything. 

i would garden the cards you do have and over time your score will rise with no baddies and inq's falling off or being negated (after 1 year)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

No more applying!  It's time for you to garden.

Message 3 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Nah JCP uses a straight up TU Fico.... You might have some negative activity on your report

Go to the transunion site and file for a free report due to credit denial. They'll ask you the creditor (gecrb) and show you your report assuming they can verify you, and you betyer do it quick before you get any AA!!!!!!

I have a JCP card... This is how I know
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Nah JCP uses a straight up TU Fico.... You might have some negative activity on your report

Go to the transunion site and file for a free report due to credit denial. They'll ask you the creditor (gecrb) and show you your report assuming they can verify you, and you betyer do it quick before you get any AA!!!!!!

JCP is a GECRB card. GECRB uses a proprietary scoring system for all of their cards that ranges from something like 0-600 

The score they gave you in the denial letter is NOT a FICO, so don't be worried. 

Message 5 of 13
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Message 6 of 13
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

+1 they use an internal score.. I remember when I first started builidng credit I applied for a jcp card and was declined with a score of 499 and I almost has a heart attack lol but I later found out it's an internal score... You're true fico isn't apart of that score
Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Toy limits hardly bring you forward, better to keep in the garden for a while and see that low 600 rise. Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 8 of 13
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Thanks Tommy5746....I really freaked out! I couldn't believe what I saw....lol thanks again!

Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

JCP is a GECRB card. GECRB uses a proprietary scoring system for all of their cards that ranges from something like 0-600 

The score they gave you in the denial letter is NOT a FICO, so don't be worried. 

HUH? No don't think so, GE pulls TU almost always, they offer a Fico through Walmart card for free each month, Someone help me, maybe a TU Fico 98? I get those conused... I have Walmart, PayPal MC, Chevron, Gap, CareCredit, TJ MAXX, Dillards, who knows which ones Im issing...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.