Did you mean: 

I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

tag
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

I've been looking for something to replace my TYP, and this looks promising. Smiley Happy  

Here's the info I got from my chat with Citi: 

• The Citi Double Cash Card allows clients to earn 1% unlimited cash back on eligible purchases and an additional 1% as they pay for those purchases, whether they pay in full or over time. Citi Double Cash clients will earn a one-time automatic late fee waiver the first time they pay late.

• I think an account needs to be at least a year old to qualify for a PC: "Since you've been with Citi for over a year, you'd quality to convert into the Citi Double Cash card instead of being required to apply."
  • Conversions begin into this new card product as of 09/07/2014
  •  You can chose either a VISA-branded or MASTERCARD-branded Citi Double Cash card, as the option exist.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy 

Thanks for that info thats interesting since i should be losing my freedom MC any day now. If i can pick this up as MC would be really nice option. The one thing i noticed since QS has almost instant payout that could be very important deciding factor. Did you apply Irisa ? :-)

it's not instant payout like with QS.  I asked and he said the cash back you earn is calculated at the end of each billing cycle and is shown on your monthly statement and account online.

No, I did not apply, but I may PC after September 7th. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 51 of 532
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I don't see any way QS compares.  With Citi you would get actual real customer service without having to play the email game like you do with C1.  Plus an extra .5% back.

win + win!!

Eh I must be the only one that finds them equal in customer service. That is nothing stands out between them.

Message 52 of 532
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Something tells me this card is going to be all the rage soon! 

Message 53 of 532
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha I agree!!
Message 54 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I might as well PC my TYP to this. Can you do it over live chat, or do you need to call?

Message 55 of 532
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I might as well PC my TYP to this. Can you do it over live chat, or do you need to call?

Not sure how reliable the CSR I chatted with is, but this is what I was told: 

Conversions begin into this new card product as of 09/07/2014. Please use the "Live Chat" feature again or contact Citi directly on or after this date to be eligible for the Citi Double Cash card.  

Message 56 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irisa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure how reliable the CSR I chatted with is, but this is what I was told: 

Conversions begin into this new card product as of 09/07/2014. Please use the "Live Chat" feature again or contact Citi directly on or after this date to be eligible for the Citi Double Cash card.  

Interesting, guess we will see in a few weeks. Thanks for the info

Message 57 of 532
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

so who is going to be the first guinea pig to try this out :-) In general what does citi pull anybody know or is it case by case basic determined by location and type of card?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 58 of 532
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

Just showed up on the main citicards site.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 59 of 532
baller4life
Super Contributor

I've seen EQ and EX
Message 60 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.